The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

I think people are more concerned with how high their rent payments are and the higher prices in the grocery store than they care about the unemployment rate. The great economy is not evenly distributed.

2 Likes

If one considers many, many articles that point out how wealth inequality is as bad, or possibly worse, than it was in the years preceding the Great Depression, then maybe it isn’t so much a lie as it is a very valid point of concern.

https://www.axios.com/2019/02/13/income-inequality-great-depression-gabriel-zucman

I am aware these articles were posted 5 years ago… but given the record profits posted by a multitude of companies in the last few years, I highly doubt things have gotten any better since then.

schitts creek woman one hundred percent

8 Likes

i don’t think anyone said it isn’t a valid concern. What it’s not is a recession. That’s just people buying into flat disinformation that seeks to make the case for the fascist candidate. :woman_shrugging: I don’t know why people believe that Biden should have completely fixed in his 4 years in office the problems that came from 40 years of neo-liberalism. People seem to forget that the New Deal did not “fix” the Great Depression either. What finally turned thing around for good was the war, where the US government took over wide swaths of the private sector and turned it towards the war effort. Yet the ND helped people materially and did start the turn around. But it took a long time to transform the economy and it’ll take a while to fix it again.

I get that people are struggling today and that’s something we SHOULD talk about and try to fix. But we should also acknowledge progress made under Biden, too. We also absolutely HAVE to push back against false narratives that make it seem like Biden has done nothing and the economy is worse under him. No, it’s not perfect, but it’s improving.

8 Likes

I hope that people are more concerned with the revocation of abortion rights and other rights of people to just exist.

10 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

And this, right there, is how we divide people. By forgetting that what the fascist party is doing is taking people’s rights away and trying to eliminate an entire class of people. We don’t need to put economics ahead of human and civil rights, because those are bounded up tightly. And the only people whose economic well-being will improve under Trump is the elite and the white, straight, cisgendered middle class (but only those who fully support the abuse of everyone else).

8 Likes

This is all 100% true, but every one of these things hits harder when the economy is down.

It’s like complaining to the carpenter who is rebuilding your house that they are taking longer than the arsonist who burned it down.

6 Likes

And that these people are more economically harmed than by just the inflation rate.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Apparently, the Biden administration has announced that Israel has agreed to a Gaza peace plan. Not just a ceasefire, but a 3-stage plan for long-term peace.

7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

This is interesting an maybe should be in the campaign literature.

5 Likes

Not Joe.

But my tv says the jury has reached a decision in the Hunter Biden case.

4 Likes

Hunter Biden guilty on all three counts.

6 Likes

But but, Biden controls everything! He only made that happen, um. . . so it would seem like he doesn’t!

:weary:

7 Likes

I think it’s pretty much unquestionable that he was, as a matter of fact, guilty. I guess the question was did he know it at the time. And I suspect he did. I only wish this would make a difference to the conspiracy idiots. It will not.

6 Likes

And whether prosecutorial discretion was applied equally in this case.

6 Likes
14 Likes
5 Likes