The bizarre story of Trump’s plagiarized inauguration cake

Disgusting… yet funny!

y’all in here whining about cake credits. lol
your lives must be pretty good

This would seem to create the somewhat absurd possibility that this cake would be more copyrightable than the original, due to it being mostly styrofoam rather than food. Hrm.

3 Likes

The Buttercream Bakeshop does not use the Oxford comma. Therefore, they are terrible people. Sad.

I already wrote an opinion piece on the axe!

1 Like

It is! Thanks for asking! And welcome to BoingBoing. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Drone. Problem is, you never see it coming, and by then the damn thing is already splashed onto the drapes.

No, the FUCK, he is NOT. He’s a civilian in charge of the US Military.

11 Likes

Is profanity acceptable here?

Yes, it fucking is.

17 Likes

Hell fucking no.

10 Likes
16 Likes

It’s fucking mandatory.

16 Likes

What the fuck are we talking about now?

10 Likes

Pro-fucking-fanity.

11 Likes

5 Likes

When hasn’t it been fucking acceptable?

12 Likes

So this made me think of “pro-fanity”, fanity being something we were for. But then I thought about what that “fanity” would be, and thought about “profane” but “fane” should be a shrine.

Etymology time!

So I looked up the etymology and it “fane” is a temple. So why is pro-temple swearing? Because pro means “before” (as in prologue). So ancient greek pro is “before” but latin “pro” also takes on the meaning of “in the place of” or “on behalf of”. From “in the place of” we get to “being in favour of” (speaking on behalf of someone).

But in profane the pro goes back to the literal old meaning of “before” as in being literally in front of the temple, and specifically for this case, outside of the temple.

So if you wanted to negate profanity, it the best opposite might be intrafanity, rather than “antifanity” which would have the same meaning as “profanity”, being against the temple.

13 Likes

I, for one, find it deeply offensive when people use words like “fuck”, “shit” or “coprophagic bollock-hound” when they reply to comments on BBS. :angry:

8 Likes

I find it offensive when people mention those words without using them.

9 Likes