The Coffer Illusion - how many circles do you see?

I still see no circles, just rectangles, wtf?

If you want to be that precise, nobody has ever seen a circle.

3 Likes

Choose a pair of (sets of nested) rectangles, one directly atop the other. In between them is the pixelated circle that @ugh posted.

Me just now: “What the hell? There’re no circles – holy shit!”

4 Likes

I just see blue & white lines. Wait…dammit. I just see gold & white lines. Wait…dammit. I just see blue & white lines. Wait…dammit. I just see gold & white lines. Wait…dammit. I just see blue & white lines. Wait…

5 Likes

I know. I was just trying to make a math joke. :frowning:

6 Likes

Me too, but the second my eyes move slightly, the circles disappear.

OK, I saw the circles in about two seconds.

However, I’ve been oil painting for a few hours now, and have been consciously “unfocusing” (not really the same as Magic Eye, just looking for planes and major shapes while ignoring fine details). I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

2 Likes

That was the clue I needed, I see them now, TYVM! :slight_smile:

Interesting, really, I don’t think I’ve ever had any trouble seeing this sort of thing, illusions like that always work for me in all the ways they’re supposed to and I can see all the options simultaneously or at will. Now I’m really curious what was so durned special about this one!

1 Like

Aw, I know the feels.

6 Likes

Okay, something is up. I scrolled through the picture, seeing the obvious 16 circles. At the bottom, it says 16 circles, and I’m trying to figure out what was the illusion.

Except now that I glance back up at the image, all the circles are gone. Really gone. I can’t make them re-appear and I’ve been trying for 10 minutes.

Is this some sort of very mean trick with javascript replacing the image or something?

3 Likes

I saw 16 circle-like shapes immediately and while reading I then started to think I might be looking at the wrong thing because they’re very blocky instead of like perfect circles.

1 Like

The curtain on the far right looks like there is someone hiding behind it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Same here. But of course they are not circles, but more like minecraft approximations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.