The congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene yelled at yesterday speaks out

Originally published at: The congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene yelled at yesterday speaks out | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Hey Madge, save it for Committee. Oh right, nobody wants you on any of them.

27 Likes

Yep, and that’s what it’s going to take if we want our country back. I get people not wanting to engage, but every bystander who lets this shit go is feeding the fire, daring them to more and more outrageous outbursts.
Standing up to it doesn’t have to be aggressive or confrontational, in fact I’d argue the opposite is better. But it does have to be.

33 Likes

while I would not cry foul, I am no final arbiter on such matters.
I am, however, of a notion that if it is sticky enough that one need inquire as to the propriety of such a term, it may be well enough to leave it out of discussion, no?

24 Likes

I’d say that’s a definitive “no”.

ETA: And that doesn’t even encompass Bolling’s regular “Qnuts” strip:

6 Likes

My Congresswoman deserves better colleagues than Empty G.

25 Likes

You may not have noticed the slightly different spelling.

9 Likes

If you have to look around before you say it then you shouldn’t say it.

26 Likes

#imeach Empty G!

Thank you @IronEdithKidd for the Empty G, it’s awesomeness!

16 Likes

I think @gracchus might be responsible for this nic, but it’s eminently yoinkable! Share widely!

14 Likes

Not mine. Yoinked it myself from someone else here a while back.

13 Likes

It’s yoinking all the way down…

Buddy Cops Lol GIF by CBC

16 Likes

I don’t want kids to learn to scream at each other. But on the other hand there are times when enough is enough.

But is this really one of those times? Of all the ways the right has crossed the line, clutching pearls over public speech seems a bit precious. No matter how much I agree with the underlying annoyance, I think this BBS has a better approach to feeding trollies.

2 Likes

29 Likes

I think we can start doing a countdown to the point when Empty Green just pushes the buttons on the wrong angry Representative or annoyed security guard and gets pepper sprayed in the face,

9 Likes

The problem with just walking away and [trying to] ignore the q-people, is that there is the risk of them being able to use their bullying to get their way. For example, all the school board members, and other local organization members who have been quitting their boards because they do not wish to be subjected to the constant bad behavior (and death threats) they get from the q-people. All the sane people are being driven out, (well not sure if “driven out” is the right term, perhaps “annoyed out”) of the organizations that make the decisions, leaving only the crazies in place, and making room for more crazies. See also the GOP. If you just walk away from an encounter, they feel vindicated that they “won” the encounter, so they will increase the level of incivility and violence in their next encounter, leaving things to just get worse and worse.

Of course, if you respond in kind to their attacks, they just claim your response proves you have anger issues, or something.

Not sure what the solution is.

16 Likes

Ah. Yeah, that’s no good. That word should be abolished.

3 Likes

@anothernewbbaccount, Thank you! I don’t know how many times I read that and wasn’t able to see it, I just kept reading “Qnut”.

6 Likes

Come on, Dingle. You were so close. It starts with an F. Often with an N. And ends with an -ism.
Punch Nazis. All damn day.

brad richards love GIF

10 Likes

I think the word ‘vitriolicness’ ought to be replaced by my own coining: ‘vitriol’. I think that would lead to a lot of clarificationness.

8 Likes