The congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene yelled at yesterday speaks out

“Empty G” - Well played, Kidd. Well played.

6 Likes

Oh good, I was wondering if they would make a part two.

3 Likes

It was a group effort, remember we were trying to come up with a nickname that didn’t put her in the venerated “three initials” club (like RBG, MLK, etc.)?
I think @DukeTrout deserves credit for first spotting the “MT” “Empty” connection:

The hive mind!

15 Likes

I wish I could claim credit, but it was another BBS gentle poster who came up with it. Alas, I cannot remember who, or I would give them their due.

14 Likes

Possibly me, but I think I may have borrowed it from it somewhere else too.

12 Likes

The solution is meet them head on and bring real consequences for their bullshit. Bullies don’t stop until they are too scared to act. Try to get these jokers arrested, sanctioned, brought into the open.

6 Likes

That is a fair rule of thumb, as is Tamsin_Bailey’s below. Key and Peele’s skit comes to mind which also supports that point :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That seals it! The monicker was arrived at organically!

12 Likes

I like thinking of her and her hangers on as Empty Gee and the Gang-green. A vacuous, festering cover band.

14 Likes

Well done!

12 Likes

That is pretty great. Now all I can hear though is Dire Straits in “Money for Nothing” going “I want my Empty-G” … only in this case, of course, I do not.

8 Likes

Ha! The gang-green are singing: Yelling for nothing….the clicks are free. I love my, I love my, I love my Empty Gee.

:nauseated_face:

11 Likes

Thinking more about the interviewee’s quote about how we all need to stand up to this kind of behavior, I was reminded of a bystander intervention training I went to a few years ago. A local chapter of Green Dot put it on:

If, like me, you don’t want to stand idly by if you see shit like this going down, but don’t really know what to do safely, they have good tips for de-escalation.
Our community training was free and at the library, so seems okay to share here.

11 Likes

Marjorie Taylor Greene on the steps of the Capitol

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.