The creepy/cool robes that heretics were forced to wear during the Spanish Inquisition

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/20/the-creepy-cool-robes-that-her.html

3 Likes

Hm, new ren faire costume?

8 Likes

tumblr_nyg5jrGJ2k1rby04wo1_500%20(1)

3 Likes

What already? But I have so many more sins on my list for today.

7 Likes

Out of sin already? Contact your local indulgence seller today!

† Link contains affiliate code

11 Likes

Well done, sir. That dagger is a nice touch.

5 Likes

Is it disgusting that I want one?
What is the time frame for ironic humor involving a historic extermination?

2 Likes

So, ahem, why do they all seem to have faces (not sure if a saint or sinner’s) in front of one’s junk.

I do so want one though. Can I make one with my own face covering my own crotch area, that wouldn’t be creepy at all would it?

2 Likes

By odd coincidence, I was reading about this very subject this morning.

2 Likes

Victim fashion?

3 Likes

My exact thought. That’d make a great T-shirt.

First, how bizarre that we are not only cruel and vicious to each other, but feel the need to be decorative about it at the same time. Second, how comforting that acts that would get you killed in this horrible fashion then are now just a jejune description of my weekend.

3 Likes

So where can i get one?

I love a kind of Spanish Inquisition:

Just not the real kind with the theocratic fanaticism. Aside from the fancy death-outfits, and the thousands of people they killed over the years, they also forced the conversions of Jewish people and Muslims, and kicked out anyone who wouldn’t convert.

I hope the Roman Inquisition gave Bruno some fancified togs as stake-wear, maybe little planets and stars?:

2 Likes

And the source for one of the accompanying drawings is… Walmart?

That’s an odd stock choice, even for them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.