The DEA just added a promising anti-opioid addiction herb to Schedule 1, because reasons

4 Likes

Well yeah, they wouldn’t want you doing it wrong!

:wink:

3 Likes

More gin!

3 Likes

We also used cocaine to treat opiate addiction. Freud pioneered the “therapy”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thailand banned kratom in 1943 to stem the loss of the opium taxes that funded the government.

America banned kratom in 2016 to stem the loss of opioid profits that funded the corporations that funded the government.

1 Like

I like the cut of your jib

1 Like

From what I recall, Freud excitedly got his whole family addicted and lauded the “productivity” gains of cocaine.

Plausible, but not probable. DEA has made themselves very busy arresting physicians specializing in pain management, accusing them of being “prescription mills” for the last couple years so now doctors are not prescribing opioids, even in cases where it’s quite warranted, and refusing to renew prescriptions for people in chronic pain. The only visible beneficiaries of banning kratom is the prison industry and the DEA themselves.

[I suspect your comment was made as sarcasm, but this shit is maddening, so I took your comment as an opportunity to vent. Thanks for making it!]

4 Likes

The medical system is pushing salicylates and ssris, not opioids, even in cases where there are good reasons to avoid salicylates and ssris.

The alternative medical system is also pushing salicylates.

An “anti-inflammatory diet” = full of aspirin analogues. A lot of herbal treatments = aspirin analogues. etc.

1 Like

It worked for me. No more heroin. That may just be anecdotal for you, but it’s a lifesaver for me.

1 Like

i’m a daily user and have 3.5 kilos sitting right next to me. i like a slow taper. i might order just one more. kratom’s been available of the darknet for some time, but i quite like having a community of users that review and share vendors that really care. that community has been causing the price to go down, down, down, as every new legit vendor with quality leaf and a good price gets a lot of attention.

1 Like

It is “pursuit” of happiness, not the attainment thereof.

He first tried it out on an opiate addicted friend, resulting in his eventual death. Freud’s first victim, but not his last.

Very good book, worth the read.

That’s not how pharmaceutical companies work.

Schedule I. Means pharmaceutical companies can’t market it. Hell, they can’t even research it.

6 Likes

I’m not discounting your experience or its greater value, I’m observing solely from the perspective of my spouse being paid to frequent black market sites. It is marketed for recreational usage or “therapeutic”, but oddly (considering the stories here) never for medicinal purposes.

Sounds like there’s a lot of weird back story there, but marketing is has never been a very truthful game. If you’re interested in science though, there’s plenty http://www.americankratom.org/science

The industry (drug manufacturers) aren’t profiting from all this suffering?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.