The difference between CBD and THC in cannabis, explained

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/12/the-difference-between-cbd-and.html

Whatever happened to those noises I was hearing about the Drunk History people creating a Stoned History?

Props to the creators for getting allosteric inhibition right.

What gets weird is that CB1 and CB2 both associate with a whole bunch of other receptors, like NMDA or dopamine receptors, and alter their normal activity. This effect is where a lot of the psychotropic and putative anti-inflammatory activities are mediated; you can almost thing of CB1 and CB2 like a gas pedal or brakes, respectively, on other processes. There are also a handful of other things that cannabinoids might bind to but we’re not sure yet, so more props to the video for highlighting that there’s a lot we don’t understand yet.

I note that the narrator did not talk about any of THC’s properties other than that it gets you high.

Well Missouri approved medical marijuana. At some point I need to stop being a square and look into if something from this plant can help with my chronic pain.

4 year old vid but still very informative: Michael Backes: Cannabis Pharmacy

and his very informative book, revised and updated:

I’ve tried CBD oil (with no THC) for chronic pain caused by inflammation, and it works quite well. It also seems to help reduce anxiety.

I tried some cbd a couple times to see what it does, and it just made me wired and jittery.

Cbd balm, externally applied, did help with sore neck and back, though.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.