This newly discovered cannabis compound is possibly 30 times more powerful than THC

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/03/this-newly-discovered-cannabis.html

4 Likes

beard stroke

13 Likes

tumblr_inline_ozz9k4lb6l1vrjh16_500

9 Likes

Did anyone else start reading that headline and immediately think it was another “product” from the BoingBoing Shop?

11 Likes

Boing Boing must have been smoking this compound with that $300 bong they advertise.

5 Likes

No, all you need is an apple and your trusty pen knife, I have done it, it’s possible.

11 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten high and thought to myself “I wish I were 30x higher right now” but I suppose in a regulated market, this could make production of edibles, etc…cheaper (read: more profitable)

7 Likes

You’re lucky, you’d be on board if you worked at my salt mine.

9 Likes

So is this like the Crack of Marijuana?

2 Likes

Ughhhhhh headlines like these…

Stronger potency can also mean more dangerous side effects, even at low doses.

For example, MDMB-Fubinaca also exerts much much greater potency at the CB1 receptor, locking it into an “on” position. Fubinaca and its relatives have been sold as Spice and have caused many hospitalizations with permanent injury. Hell, the EU approved Rimonabant (also a cannabinoid) for metabolic syndrome and it wasn’t even a full agonist at CB1, just a partial inverse agonist, and it had to be withdrawn from the market due to a serious uptick in suicidal ideation among users.

2 Likes

This article sounds rather speculative. If it is more potent I still wouldn’t call it the crack of Marijuana. Dabbing would be a better fit for that title. I enjoy dabbing a lot. But if done frequently it will send your THC tolerance through the roof.

2 Likes

“Dude, I’m outta my mind right now” is gonna need an upgrade.

"This grass was so great, I can’t tell you. There was so much resin in it, it made your lips stick together. "

2 Likes

More like the hash?

2 Likes

How about, “I’d like to get the same amount of high, but have my stash last 30 times longer.”
Or maybe only 20 times longer…

6 Likes

I think the research is trying to answer the question: why is Baccy A wackier than Baccy B? If we measure the THC content, are we measuring the right thing?

It does not necessarily follow that we have to replace all the THC with this stuff to make it harder. Okay, yes, it probably does necessarily follow, because now some people know they can, they will.

Unfortunately, we know how this ends. LSD is probably one of the most harmless drugs as an effective dose may be a few micrograms, where a hundred grams of alcohol to get to an equivalent state may mess with your body. But it does mean some jock will take a gram of LSD, which would be the equivalent of drinking 100,000 beers, and then boingg you are back in the sixties and everyone has to.

If it’s that strong, I’d need but one small puff to be done. I’m a lightweight. I think this is a good thing. Less smoke in the lungs is probably better.

I do worry that I might start getting higher. I’ve not really increased my per-session consumption over the years, but I suspect THC% has been going up, so I might actually be using more to get to the same place.

One thing I like about legal markets: good testing, so known THC% & CBD%, at the pain of loosing license or fines.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.