The Doobie Brothers sue Bill Murray

3 Likes

Kinda odd. Hard for me to imagine a company like that not having a firm make its ads. Does he make and direct them in-house?

Part of the problem with this stuff, like the Trump usage, a lot of the musicians donā€™t really control who uses their music. It ends up itā€™s really ASCAP who handles that for most artists, and they have to have it in their contract that they have to specify particular parties they donā€™t want using their music.

Makes me wonder if this is a problem between the Doobie Brothers and ASCAP. They have already been auctioning royalties from Doobie Brothers music:

2 Likes

Th Doobie Brothers shouldnā€™t be lobbing any eternal damnation stones, I mean - they recorded records with Michael McDonald. Even thinking about Takinā€™ it to the Streets is enough to make me gag.

Just sayinā€™.

3 Likes

Probably an advertising stunt theyā€™re both in on. Iā€™ve certainly heard about his shirts for the first time from this, so it kinda worked, too.

3 Likes

Mr. Murray is a known golfer. Plus, unless Mr. Murray produced these ads, the Doobies have no standing, right?

1 Like

I liked that song, as well as most of their stuff that Iā€™ve heard.

3 Likes

If their music is good enough to use in a commercial then itā€™s good enough to be compensated for.

3 Likes

You know how some people canā€™t tolerate cilantro? Thatā€™s how I feel about Michael McDonald. Thereā€™s an oleaginous quality to his voice that puts me off. Itā€™s like heā€™s singing through congealed pork drippings.

I donā€™t think I suggested otherwise? Michael McDonald may have damned them, but thereā€™s no reason they shouldnā€™t get their 50 silver pieces.

4 Likes

Oh, I see; itā€™s a personal preference thing.

Fair enough.

Donā€™t hold back, now; tell us how you really feelā€¦

*lolz!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Feels like Murrayā€™s legal team is substituting humor for respect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.