The Education of Louis: The Last Action Figures

Oh, memories… I had those exact items… hours and hours and hours of play… I mean… flipping on eBay for profit… yeah… “Look out ! No! Pow…”

3 Likes

My Gumby & Pokey have never let me down.

3 Likes

The cool thing about adventure people was the ball and socket neck joint. Kenner action figures tended to lose their heads.

3 Likes

So you super glue / put the wrong heads back on the other body, create your own reality.

4 Likes

Oh, the things that Male Mountain Climber, Male Ranger, and Female Swimmer saw and did; you wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Uncle Ryan. They watched i-beams glitter in the dark of the Tanner House basement. All those moments will be lost in time, like toys in eBay. Time to bid.

10 Likes

technically the kenner heads rotated-- but not after supergluing. (Basically, kenner’s quality control was awful-- but since they had the license, it didn’t matter)

2 Likes

I had Johnny Apollo by Marx. His rubbery fingers fell off, but I still loved his craggy, mature, realistic face.

1 Like

“full size”??

That’s an interesting image.

2 Likes

Full Size Doll.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.