Check out these FIREFLY action figures that look like 70s Mattel Toys

Originally published at: Check out these FIREFLY action figures that look like 70s Mattel Toys | Boing Boing

5 Likes

28 Likes

Adam Baldwin working much these days?

2 Likes

Gorram it, you beat me to it.

6 Likes

I love a product with a simple list of ingredients.

16 Likes

They look like they were made by the lady who restored that painting.

13 Likes

Why is Simon Tan wearing Mal’s stuff?

3 Likes

a cheap Han Solo knockoff:

I’m sorry but Mal was always > than Han.

And Star Wars toys were made by Kenner, not Mattel, so WTF do you know anyway.

7 Likes

Yeah, he’s more like a sustainably-sourced artisanal version of Han. Maybe not the original, but better nonetheless.

5 Likes

What, an Inara figure isn’t appropriate for the 8-12 crowd?

7 Likes

And no Shepherd Book. Did the Zoe figure break the skin-tone selector on their machine?

6 Likes

these look nothing like actual 70s action figures – they look worse.

4 Likes

I love ReAction figures, but this post is a bit behind the times. Funko sold the 3.75" ReAction line years ago to Super7, who now produces dozens of new licenses.

Some of the more fun ones include: Iron Maiden, Run DMC, Planet of the Apes, They Live!, the Munsters, all the Universal monsters, Pee Wee’s Playhouse, Back to the Future, Red Dawn, and Lemmy from Motorhead!

One line that Super7 still makes that Funko started: Alien. They even added to it with figures from the second film, now all in the same scale!

1 Like

Yeah, what’s with that? And Book, River, Simon, where are they?

Sorry but if we can’t set the whole crew round the mess table, it just ain’t right.

6 Likes

Maybe they couldn’t figure out what accessories to give them?

1 Like

They didn’t get the accessories right on the ones listed.

If Jayne doesn’t have a cunning hat, nor Mal a pretty bonnet, I’m not interested.

At least Wash has dinos.

11 Likes

I truly thoroughly enjoyed this series, it holds a special place in my heart, but not the action figures, they kinda suck.

4 Likes

He’s a Baldwin, that’s an everyday job in and of itself!

I can remind myself of what I didn’t get more of that I wanted more of for free, thank you very much.

SF TV show dolls, always a problem!

5 Likes