The episode that elevated the Simpsons

Originally published at: The episode that elevated the Simpsons | Boing Boing

1 Like

Marge vs. the Monorail is still the best episode in the entire run of the series. Fight me.

20 Likes

El Viaje Mysterioso de Nuestro Homer:

“In your face, Space Coyote!”

14 Likes

In my house you will very often still hear someone say “batman’s a scientist”

8 Likes

The heartbreaking disappointment of Chief Quimby saying “…the ring came off my pudding can…” before the Monorail guy comes to the rescue with his pen-knife.

9 Likes

A fine choice, but Selma’s Choice is my winner.

4 Likes

I’m not nearly ‘nerd enough’ to have a favorite Simpsons ep.

5 Likes

Does it mention what episode it is in the video?

For me, it happened during season 3, somewhere between Bart the Murderer and Saturdays of Thunder (the running gag with 3 time soapbox derby champ Ronnie Beck killed me when they made the big reveal). By the time they hit the Flaming Moe’s episode I was sold on it’s lasting greatness.

I rewatched the entire series in reverse during the first year of the pandemic. It was a wild trip back through almost my entire life, but it was like watching a really mediocre show get slowly worse and then suddenly amazing.

8 Likes

Were you sent here by the Devil?

7 Likes

No good sir, I’m on the level.

8 Likes

Counterpoint: You Only Move Twice

5 Likes

Sorry mom, the mob has spoken.

6 Likes

Dental Plan Lisa Needs Braces GIFs | Tenor

13 Likes

I for one, welcome our new YouTube overlords. I’d like to remind them as a trusted internet commenter, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground content mines

7 Likes

I like that hated Seymour Skinner episode. At the time everyone I knew did too. The fact that they conclude with “and everything will go back to the way it was … under penalty of torture” was genius. A sly reference to how TV shows always wrapped everything up at the end no matter what. I also agree the monorail episode is probably the best episode, excepting the Halloween specials. Those early years the gags came so quickly you’d miss some because you were laughing so hard. I cant even watch the new shows, I’d even bet haters would agree the Seymour Skinner episode blows them away.

2 Likes

Monorail??

1 Like

Yes

Yes is a full sentence

3 Likes

Boy Scoutz in da Hood FTW

1 Like

The Computer Wore Menace Shoes.

3 Likes

I basically answered my own question, didn’t I?

2 Likes