The Eric Garner video you might not have seen is even more disturbing

As would a good share of Americans under the circumstance.

Protect the population you have, not the one you wish you had.

1 Like

Yes BoingBoing, i find this very relevant, interesting, and critical information of the sort I’m not finding other places.

1 Like

The title implies no such thing. Go ahead an reread it. No evidence of, as YOU put it… “snuff films” other than the ones mentioned in your comment, and presumably in your head.

It’s easier to control your own imagination than it is to control other people’s mouths.

33 minutes I have to wait until I can :heart: this!

If you aren’t a Systems Analyst, you’re a Project Manager…

Or you know enough about both of those jobs to make fun of them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m entitled to that, right? Just tell me what to think. I crave other peoples opinions to show my allegiance to, not facts and original sources to think through on my own! /s

Sorry, but yes. Downvote if I could.

Silly commenter, he thinks his opinion matters here, amiright?

The other day, when perusing mishap videos, I stumbled over a security camera footage from China where four workers were killed with electricity after they pushed a metal scaffolding on wheels onto a (presumably 6kV) overhead line.

It went forwarded to a friend who runs a company, for the purposes of safety training of his workers. Because the moment where all four workers suddenly went limp drives the point home pretty hard.

These things, harsh as they are, have their uses.

3 Likes

I was more distracted by the goon who turns to the dying man–still handcuffed–and orders him to speak to the paramedic.
That he was handled “like a piece of meat” is an empty complaint, though–that’s simply how you get a heavy, incapacitated person on a gurney. It seems to me that he should have had a neck brace (SOP for trauma, or at least that’s what they told me in EMT school), but maybe they figured it would do more harm than good to a man who was asphyxiated.

2 Likes

I was a nurse tech when I was in college and we were definitely told to apply neck support in any neck injury. Considering that she didn’t attempt to clear his airway and didn’t check for breathing when encountering a non-responsive patient makes me think she wasn’t all that interested in her standards of care.

I hope someone at her licensing board has seen this performance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.