The estranged anarchist daughter of the Republican gerrymandering mastermind inherited and dumped all his files

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/06/gops-worst-nightmare.html

16 Likes

But, we know they are evil bastards already.

Tools of the Devil indeed.

18 Likes

Knowledge IS power.

22 Likes

fool-of-a-took

23 Likes

This Is The Way

8 Likes

I’m glad she’s done this. It won’t topple all their efforts but I’m sure it’s enough to slow them down.

8 Likes

We go now live to a reaction from John Roberts…

11 Likes

What will become of this treasure trove of incriminating evidence? My guess is, the same thing that became of it back at the end of May.

for example:

2 Likes

Nothing new here.

unnamed

35 Likes

True. But we need to be able to connect the dots with evidence and present that evidence to the public. This helps do that. It makes what they are doing explicit and clear, which makes for a stronger argument for rolling such laws back in court.

23 Likes

The New Yorker article about Stephanie Hofeller is astonishing.

19 Likes

I read about this yesterday on NPR but I didn’t know that she had finally uploaded everything yet.

If this is her form of Anarchy give me more of it as much as you can

It’s people like this who betray the evil among them and stand up for what’s right that make me get out of bed everyday and still think there’s hope for decency someday.

I want to buy this woman an endless supply of beers. Keep forcing the bastards and everyone that supports them to take the hardest, most forceful look into that mirror every chance you get

32 Likes

The salute gif didn’t appear right, and it won’t let me leave it empty.

5 Likes

Christ it’s awful what happened to her own kids! Her father abused the courts to gain custody of the kids in retaliation, after Stephanie Hofeller refused to cooperate with an abuse case against her husband. And then he gave them up to foster families and Hofeller has no idea where they are–the records are sealed.

14 Likes

"…I didn’t see him as a racist. He never made any comments to that effect.” He added, “If African-Americans were going to vote mostly for Democrats, well, he was drawing plans to advantage Republicans.

That’s literally structural racism. Right there, in your words.

ETA: And this guy is responsible for actual policies!

12 Likes

I wish my dad was a sociopath so I could do powerful stuff like this.

Damn liberal dad!

7 Likes

My sentiments exactly. The truth is out there!

2 Likes

Also, we’ve all been pronouncing it wrong.

6 Likes

Reminds me of Strom Thurmond’s apologists. “He wasn’t a racist person in his private life, he just exploited and promoted racism to achieve his political objectives!”

In a very real sense it doesn’t matter if someone bears hatred for oppressed minorities in their heart of hearts. What matters is how their words and actions IMPACT other people.

20 Likes

15 Likes