The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

The three words? Roe vs Wade:

13 Likes

Maybe those conservative states will just change the rules governing who can work as a doctor to include any military veteran regardless of education or training.

I mean, if combat experience automatically qualifies you to be a teacher why can’t it qualify you to be a medical professional?

17 Likes

Ah, yes, so much better to force the brood mare into a state of abject poverty while removing any iota of responsibility from the sperm donor. Because we all know there’s been such a huge rate of success in gleaning child-support payments from deadbeat dads, and that these successes are, in fact, a leading cause of abortions.

/s times a gajillion.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

15 Likes

His logic, such as it is, more or less assumes that the man might be able to choose an abortion for financial reasons but the woman won’t. Or I suspect that might be less of an assumption and more of a mission statement.

10 Likes

And, as far as I can comprehend his quote, the man could easily manipulate the pregnant person to have an abortion based on his personal financial concerns, when she wouldn’t otherwise. It’s continuing down the path of treating women as second class citizens who couldn’t possibly be trusted to make their own decisions.
And removing all responsibilities around pregnancy and child rearing from men.
He’s an asshole. Goes to show for whom this is “the land of opportunity,” that this guy could run a law practice. :rage:

14 Likes

Another reminder that the places where the forced birthers are strongest are also those where the fewest resources are provided for the moment when the baby exits the womb.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-08-04/texas-pregnancy-care-worsens-as-maternity-wards-close

11 Likes
16 Likes
14 Likes
14 Likes

Predictable, but damn…

8 Likes

And what of the male who impregnated her? Zero consequences, eh? No 17 year old girl gets pregnant without a male causing it. Why isn’t he stepping up to take responsibility for his part in her plight? Is he not complicit in the “murder” Nebraska accuses the young woman of committing? She wouldn’t be facing criminal charges without him.

I know the answer to my above questions are ::crickets::, because it’s not about fetuses, it’s about policing women, their sexual activity, and reducing us (women) to chattel broodmare status. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

19 Likes

It could be framed as “he needs to control his woman better.” They might buy that, but the implications… No, we can’t expect red blooded young men to control their urges around temptresses with their sexy shoulders and ankles and all. Nope, no can do.

13 Likes
11 Likes
13 Likes
17 Likes

Violating the bodily autonomy of protesters, too :angry::

16 Likes

“While I was on the ground, handcuffed in front of the emergency vehicle, one of the firefighters came with a needle towards me and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and I flinched and I said, ‘No!’ what if I’m allergic, you can’t just inject me,’” she said.

McKnight said the paramedic didn’t ask her any medical questions and wouldn’t tell her what she was injected with. She said she felt dizzy and began slurring her words.

Screaming Harley Quinn GIF by The Suicide Squad

And would they do this to a white, blonde-haired woman from Hillsborough? I think not. I hope she gets a crap load of money.

20 Likes

Most likely used the excuse of “Excited Delirium.” Problem is, this sounds medical, but it is not. It is a thing made up by police to justify sedating people who are objecting to being treated like animals. It needs to become de facto evidence of torture and assault and prosecuted as such.

18 Likes

Shades of Soviet carceral “psychology”.

13 Likes
7 Likes