The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

6 Likes

“Are hospitals going to require someone to share a pregnancy test, proof they’re on birth control, get a hysterectomy, to get life-saving health care?”

Currently, Catholic- and most Protestant-based hospitals in the U.S. will, in fact, wait for the results of a pregnancy test before providing emergency care other than acute heart/breathing help.

Which is most of the non-university based hospitals in the country, at this point.

5 Likes

Not just life saving care. I had to take a pregnancy test before having a lower abdominal ultrasound last month.

3 Likes

Because of the potential liability hospitals in Idaho face for providing OB-GYN care, many providers have shuttered their services. The four OB-GYNs who previously worked at Bonner Health have left the state.

WhoCouldHavePredictedThat.gif

3 Likes

I guess we will soon see women denied service in bars, not permitted to buy beer or wine, etc on the grounds that “they could be, or might get, pregnant.” Hot tub as well, that’s really bad for babies. Oh, you know what’s bad? Car wrecks. Better not let women drive, or ride in cars unless driven by a male relative, right? Stress is bad too. Should probably not let them have credit cards or check books.

Handmaids Tale June GIF by HULU

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Vice Tv GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

7 Likes

9 Likes
13 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

More obvious conclusions:

11 Likes

colin jost snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

“I could go anywhere I want to college. Why would I want to go where I am seen as sub-human?”

13 Likes

Shocked Futurama GIF

8 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes

As usual, the fascists know they cannot win on these measures, so their answer is to stop the people from having a voice. They have no interest in representing, they want to rule over the lesser-thans. Period. Pure and simple. Shut up and do as your betters instruct you. My only answer to that is

Fx Networks Cooking GIF by The Bear

11 Likes

And in TX:

So, just to clarify some of the bullshit being thrown around this case:
The state claims that its laws have nothing to do with these women’s cases, that their doctors are to blame. The fact is, these laws are written is such a way to make it impossible to predict whether your actions will land you in jail, your career ended, your livelihood gone. It’s all done to retroactively second guess the docs. If the woman does not die, then it is impossible to prove that she would have had you not intervened. And this is the standard that TX docs are held to. If she doesn’t die, the assumption is you are wrong. This is banning abortion without exception for the pregnant person’s life, without actually saying that. I can’t blame the docs for not wanting to be the sacrificial lambs. I can, and do, blame the asshole politicians for being spineless, misogynistic, fascist assholes.

11 Likes