The first ten pages of Mœbius and Jodorowsky's THE INCAL: Deluxe Black & White Edition

Originally published at: The first ten pages of Mœbius and Jodorowsky's THE INCAL: Deluxe Black & White Edition | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Recently checked out the deluxe hardcover version of The Incal from my public library. It was quite a ride, but not nearly as wild as it was when I first read it back in the day.

6 Likes

Just got my copy from the library on Friday. Working my way through and it is really great. I’ve been squirrelling away a Moebius reference images folder from random internet scraps for years, it’s nice to be able to go through one cover-to-cover. Hard to beat the density of those first ten pages.

6 Likes

In other Mœbius-Jodorowsky news:

4 Likes

I still need to get this and other Moebius collections.

3 Likes

Moebius’s art is so compelling and inspiring, I wish I owned all his material in print.

3 Likes

That line-art is lovely; though I do like Moebius’ work when it has been sympathetically coloured. The colour can bring cohesion to a panel, that can seem overly busy in monochrome.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Interesting to see the clean line art! Ultimately I don’t find it as visually striking, or legible, as the original vibrant colors, but I do find it (of course) much better than the muddy digital coloring that had the temerity to fuck with Moebius’s linework and censor parts of the images.

1 Like

Wow, this looks impossible to read without shading or coloring. Who thought that was a good idea?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.