The Flash loses its momentum

Originally published at: The Flash loses its momentum | Boing Boing

1 Like

maybe people are finally tiring of the same repackaged superhero pablum being released every summer.

3 Likes

Didn’t hate it, but really, really didn’t love it. It’s long, and vacillates between attempts at campy goofiness like the early seasons of the Flash TV show – which all fall flat – and deeply serious grimdark stuff like the later seasons. I’d figured out the twist from the moment Barry got knocked into an alternate timeline, it’s the sort of thing the TV show (as well as the comics over the course of >70 years) did too many times. Really bad CGI for all the alternate-universe heroes didn’t help.

And does anyone like Ezra Miller’s acting? I found him the worst part of the Fantastic Beasts movies, and he’s not any better here. Sasha Calle and Michael Keaton are the highlights.

2 Likes

All hail the Spiderverse.

1 Like

sooooooooooo over superhero movies

3 Likes

I’m avoiding it specifically because of Ezra Miller. I’ll catch it streaming some day, but sure as hell not paying to see it

2 Likes

The Flash, starring Michael Keaton as not the Flash

2 Likes

Can’t lose something you never had.

1 Like

Release the Batgirl movie. It can’t be worse.

Ditto

I saw the movie this weekend and I was entertained. That’s all I ask of a movie. I could care less about the producers, directors, actors or catering companies real world controversies.

Sidenote: I preferred DCs brand of storytelling over Marvels when comics cost 12 cents.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.