The final Flash trailer does its best to try and convince you that there's more to the movie than Batman

Originally published at: The final Flash trailer does its best to try and convince you that there's more to the movie than Batman | Boing Boing

1 Like

It is a shame that Miller’s behaviour has poisoned this release for me. The Trailer looks fun, and it is nice seeing Kara punching Zod’s face; and Michael Keaton’s Batman continues to be a cool, weird, off the wall piece of casting. Maybe there will be a #releasetheGrantGustincut campaign?

11 Likes

The effects don’t seem so hot.

2 Likes

“This world must die!”

“No!”

< fin >

3 Likes

All of this. Although I frankly didn’t much care for this version of Flash before all the legal issues they have gone through. This Flash is a massive dork and all the humor is about how dorky they are, and I hate it. Very tired trope.

2 Likes

“It is ALL Barry’s fault!” seems to come from the CW series (which I enjoyed a lot) and “Flash Point” (where it is all Barry’s fault) :smile: Having stories based around other events in Barry’s long and storied history would be a nice change.

I feel the WB could take the opportunity to rejig the power level of their main pantheon. Make resurrected Superman have his usual power level, but only for a few hours per day (with Batman monitoring Supe’s current solar power reserve), and Barry need to stop off to refuel frequently. This could open up more types of stories for the JLA.

3 Likes

Could be worse.

It could be the Green Lantern - with Guy Gordon!

3 Likes

They’re releasing this one while stuffing “Batgirl” in a vault so David Zaslav can get a tax writeoff.

3 Likes

2 Likes

sheesh
Couldn’t happen to a better fella.

1 Like

Yeah, usually the argument is that the trailers are showing images still in development, but yeesh, this one has been so delayed and in post-production so long that I doubt that’s the case. I’m usually fully willing to overlook a lot when it comes to special effects, but this is like She Hulk level bad.

2 Likes

Er, Guy Gardner. My geek, let me show it to U.

3 Likes

Michael Keaton, Pink Floyd, the best Batwing and Batmobile ever. If they were going to lean that hard on nostalgia to sell the movie anyway, I wish they would have just reshot the damn thing with John Wesley Shipp.

3 Likes

Goldang it!!! How could I make such a stupid mistak?!

ooops…

So not this Flash?

He’s for every one of us
Stand for every one of us
He’ll save with a mighty hand
Every man, every woman, every child with a mighty Flash
Flash
Ah-ah
Saviour of the universe…

5 Likes

Oh, I liked She Hulk. But I think I hold TV shows to a different standnerd.

1 Like

I liked it, too but the CGI was not… smashing. :wink:

1 Like

That Batmobile reminds me of that part in HHGTTG where they find Lazlar LyriKon Kustom job: “But a great looking ship though. Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow.”

3 Likes

Good thing it had those grappling hooks to help with hard turns!

2 Likes

That sounds more like Apollo from The Authority Apollo (DC Comics) - Wikipedia which is also a DC character

2 Likes