The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

One box cuts off the full title which is: “An evangelical GOP House candidate in Texas wrote a novel about Anne Frank finding Jesus”

"The candidate’s top issues on his website include “Close the Border,” “Eliminate Property Taxes” and his belief that fossil fuels are divinely ordained: “If you believe in a Creator and that everything is here for a purpose, then you have to realize that fossil fuels are not an accident. At the very beginning of time, God knew we would need automation and industry, so in His Wisdom, He gave us the fuels that we would need.”

15 Likes

15 Likes

1 million years ago

This is the same creator who left us deposits of asbestos, right?

18 Likes

Hey, asbestos is great. Unless you breathe it in, that is.

11 Likes

My brother did at work. Not good at all.

16 Likes

I hope he’s alright.

The “amazing” thing is that life insurance companies had internal guidelines not to give out policies to persons working with asbestos as early as the 1920ies. Asbestosis was recognized as a work related illness in 1938.
And only a bit over half a century later, asbestos was banned! In some countries. Yay!

16 Likes

Mesothelioma.

14 Likes

Well, fuck. I’d probably take lung cancer over that.

14 Likes
15 Likes
16 Likes

“I support term limits.” he said “Not for politicians, but for voters. After you vote Democrat two or three times you’re now disqualified from voting,” Elder said.

Snl Thats Not How This Works GIF by Saturday Night Live

18 Likes

Watch - people are gonna defend this as a “joke” or by claiming Elders is mentally ill…

14 Likes

We don’t need no stinking secret ballots!

14 Likes

Is this the same creator that gave us the sun, moon, stars, and wind?

4 Likes

They won’t defend it as a joke, they agree with it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m aware, but any criticism will be met with claims that it’s a joke…

6 Likes

Yeah, and he can’t understand why Californians won’t vote for him.

Stephen Colbert Emmys 2019 GIF by Emmys

7 Likes

What an asshole.

But then also this…

7 Likes

I said it last election with my vote for Newsom and I’ll repeat it again now:

Larry Elder can go fuck himself, sideways.

13 Likes

This a-hole works for Thiel. Somehow I don’t think the lights in France will even flicker.

18 Likes