The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

2 Likes

Many years ago, a Chicago judge sideswiped me (he was trying to pass on the right from the parking lane) and when the police came, they both quite openly talked about how his driver’s license showed his ‘official’ address (government workers have to live within the city’s boundary) but to send follow-up paperwork they would need to have his real address.

Completely normal, of course. The laws are for you and me, not them.

8 Likes

Philly spends a lot of money investigating employees who live outside the City. And fired some very high up people for it.

There’s basically only two things that can get you fired- taking money- and living outside the City. Unless you’re a cop - who aren’t required to live in the City. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

They finally had to relax the rule for public school teachers, when it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that a teacher’s salary did not cover the cost of renting a family-sized 3BR/1BA anywhere in the city.

God forbid they increase the salary to a living wage. Oh no.

9 Likes

In Philly, school district employees aren’t City employees & aren’t covered by City civil service. They aren’t in the City pension- and don’t have to follow the local Hatch Act or Board of Ethics the way City employees do. They can engage in partisan political activities and hold public office. City employees would need to quit to run for office.

I needed to leave my job to be a delegate in the 2004 Presidential election.

9 Likes

At least it’s not a tan suit.

6 Likes

that’s the equivalent of wearing your bedroom slippers outside. That’s like wearing a speedo and flip-flops to a funeral. So these elitist snobs in the White House

He’s a disgracefully informal elitist snob?

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I don’t really expect Fox News hosts to be logically consistent, but that was quite a pivot…

10 Likes

10 Likes

I bet a lot of Fox reporters and hosts wear these shoes with their suits. I know the local morning NBC TV host wears them with his suit and he couldn’t be older than 42.

Seriously, when you’ve got nothing real to report or no real policies to discuss, this is the best they can come up with.

:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Wow, the multitude of ways cities have to reward whom they want to reward and punish whom they want to punish is legion.

8 Likes

It’s that, and waving Hunter’s nudes. That’s pretty much what they have.

Seriously. Can someone articulate a single Republican comic philosophy and a bill meant to enact that philosophy?

(Autocorrect turned a jumbled “economic” into “comic” and I left it because it fits.)

4 Likes

Obviously, the Hunter nude was all MTG could come up with on short notice as a response to the massive personal blowback from the political ad weaponization of her remarks about past social policies and Biden. I wonder how her Congressional staff aides (all aides are assigned, and not chosen by Congresspeople) can stand having to do her bidding. Must be the worst job in the world.

7 Likes

Walled:

The gist from a month ago:

College of Psychologists of Ontario wants him to take “a specified continuing educational or remedial program” consisting of “coaching.”

Peterson: No one can tell me what to do!

College: Fine, but it’s a condition of your licence to practice. (Which he’s not using anyway.)

Peterson: It’s a violation of my Manitoba Act rights! Lawzoot!

7 Likes
11 Likes

6 Likes

Just saw that today. Techbro dudeface missed the entire point of the movie. Of course :confused:
Oppenheimer was excellent but quite intense.

6 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

‘Truth Talks’ immediately sets off the ol’ Spidey sense, doesn’t it?

13 Likes

Anyone using truth in their name should set people’s common sense tingling.

7 Likes