Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

Continuing the discussion from πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘ - #5042 by mspie500.

Previous discussions:

6 Likes

3 parts!?! Argh! Does it never end!?

11 Likes

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

18 Likes

Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

9 Likes

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WSMV) - Two different protest groups were asked to leave downtown Franklin Saturday after attempting to disrupt the Juneteenth celebration.

Franklin Police said one of the groups consisted of people carrying signs that read β€œWhite Lives Matter” and β€œStop White Replacement.” They added that another group, who said they were a buffer between festival-goers and the other group, included people who were armed and wearing ballistic vests.

19 Likes
18 Likes

I attempted a reply here, but I’m just fucking lost for words.

Idiot haters. All idiots.

20 Likes
19 Likes

I love how they are un ironically calling it β€œTexit.” I hope they do have they vote, so we can put to rest, once and for all, the stupid myth that Texas is allowed to secede.

And, also, at the same time, we should let them go.

ETA: no OneBox

Texas Republicans endorse legislation to allow vote on secession from US

1 Like

No, we really shouldn’t. A fascist state on our southern border is not what we want. And the people who live there who are not fascists don’t deserve to be abandoned. And if Texas goes, other southern states will try to follow, and that puts people in those states at risk.

23 Likes

texas gets 1.20 from the federal government for every dollar in taxes, and over 17% of the state budget comes from federal dollars. they don’t even accept the aca medicaid expansion, so that money isn’t just people’s healthcare: it’s core government mechanics. and im not even sure that includes all the military bases and nasa spending

so yeah, texas. good luck with that. ( tho im sure ted cruz and abbott would be fattening their own pockets even more than they do now, so it’d definitely be a win for them)

17 Likes

Plus the β€œincidental” costs of β€œfree trade” with the rest of the union. As well as being under the US umbrella for world trade.

I wonder if anyone has done the math on what it would cost individual Texans if that all somehow came to pass.

@Mindysan33 On the other hand, the rest of us would never have to deal with Ted Cruz again. So there’s that.

2 Likes

Cruz can go ahead and be β€œPresident of Texas”, if it gets his ass out of the senate along with the other GQP representatives.

Texit will never happen since the cost of unwinding all those relationships would be too much. Plus, SCOTUS ruled there’s no exit clause in the US Constitution and thus it’s a non-starter. We already had a war over this, so this is all for show.

13 Likes

For sure. It’s for the base.

4 Likes

Next up:

12 Likes

The progression of the thread titles is also ominous

5 Likes

Not sure why Smithsonian, of all rags, gives this oxygen. The resolution was clear:

which shall be entitled to admission under the provisions of the Federal Constitution

Those provisions include:

without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress

Congress would still have to approve this. A prior Congress cannot approve the admission of an unknown state of unknown borders and unknown population at some unknown point in the future.

8 Likes

7 Likes

We could just do that by passing anti-gerrymandering laws and let the increasingly diverse Texas vote his ass out. :woman_shrugging: I don’t think that they are much farther behind us over here GA with regards to turning purple. Much like there, they can only win if they gerrymander the hell out of the state. If that is off the table, then they are increasingly irrelevant.

15 Likes