Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 4)

Continuing the discussion from Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3) - #5039 by mspie500.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

Dang. Part 4. Sure would be nice if this is the last one of these, but I’m not holding my breath.

12 Likes

It did hurt when I made the last post in part 3 :cry:

9 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve never had warm and fuzzies for Joe Manchin, but it figures he’d call it quits now when the stakes are higher than they’ve ever been. West Virginia will replace him with someone much more objectionable, and yet… remember in 2021 when people were rowing out to his boat to shout at him? I’ll quote myself from back then:

I’m sure I’ll be sorry sooner or later.

13 Likes

People were saying the same thing about GA in 2020… We now have two solidly Democratic senators who do good work and we helped put Joe Biden in office. Let’s not give up yet. There is serious evidence that the extremism of the GOP and the β€œbothsiderism” of folks like Manchin is wearing thin for many people.

16 Likes

Manchin was a dead man walking, and knew it. Justice was going to clock him in '24. He is just walking away without being humiliated at the polls. WV has become more MAGA than MAGA. Even a DINO like Manchin is too β€œliberal” for them anymore. We will have to make up the seat elsewhere. It has been lost for a while, this changes nothing.

12 Likes

Don’t get me wrong - Manchin’s retirement is an opportunity for the Democrats to replace him with someone more useful, just as it’s an opportunity for the Republicans to make the numbers reflect the status quo that Manchin’s conservatism created. We’ve seen a lot of victories for principles and policy over propaganda recently; hopefully someone can ride a groundswell of enthusiasm from those victories into power. That said, from far away, my impression of the political reality in WV aligns with @docosc β€˜s description.

Tempered optimism might be in order.

6 Likes

All I’m saying is that we shouldn’t give up before there is even an election… Even if it is β€œmore MAGA than MAGA” there, doesn’t mean it always will be. I will once again point out the change here in GA, and how so many people dismissed the idea that we could elect democrats to state wide offices…

14 Likes

That part is important to remember.

ETA - i’m not great at it but it’s like any other habit of thought, improvement takes practice.

8 Likes

MAGA – Make America Georgia, at least in this respect. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The weird thing is WV was once a Democratic bastion. Hell, it was the only state besides MN to vote for Mondale! But it is very insular, sexist, racist, xenophobic and was easy prey for right wing fear campaigns surrounding Hillary and Obama. Add in β€œWar on Coal” propaganda which was wrong, but easy to understand, despite the mines declining in employment far, far before that due to automation. Could it come back to us? Maybe. It will take a lot of time and work, as the hatred is deeply ingrained now, and the xenophobia is deeply established. When I go back there, it seems like a different world. Folks are honestly afraid to voice differing opinions for fear of social blowback. It’s very sad, but I feel like I cannot visit my own home state because of the political climate. Add in that the factors blue-ing so many other states, namely the youth vote, is much less an issue in WV because most young people with an education and ambition leave for work, and the racial minorities are mostly notable for not being there, leaving an old, bitter and frightened populace that just rages against the evils they perceive coming from the β€œliberals and (homophobic slurs) in DC.” Not to argue too vigorously with you, @Mindysan33 , but what I see of WV leaves me little hope for at least a generation or two. Far too late to help us in our current woes.

13 Likes
2 Likes

FTA:

Graham and fellow Republicans offered 88 GOP amendments

88, huh? And did they happen to explain them in 14 words?

Probably just a weird coincidence.

11 Likes

Sen. Lindsey Graham

Kenya Moore Reaction GIF by Slice

6 Likes

Same procedure as every year day.

8 Likes

The high cost of freedumbs.

7 Likes

Oh God she already has problems with stalkers already and now she has to deal with conspiracy fools too

β€œRepublicans still haven’t internalized that the Left promotes abortion as a pro-feminism issue. They aren’t voting to kill babies, they’re voting bc of feminist movies like Barbie and pop stars like Taylor Swift influencing an army of voters,” Posobiec wrote.

He fumed in another all-caps post that β€œTHE CHILDLESS, UNMARRIED ABORTION ARMY MOBILIZED BY BARBIE, TAYLOR SWIFT, AND TIKTOK” was β€œCRUSHING REPUBLICANS AT THE BALLOT BOX.”

^this is what the kids call maidenless behavior

8 Likes

indeed. because fetuses aren’t babies

10 Likes
3 Likes