The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

Of course, he could replace her with someone even worse.

6 Likes

That’s his idea, of course.

9 Likes

That the Venezuelans will pay for.

8 Likes

And he surely will. From what I am reading it sounds like trump was pissed that she wasn’t doing things like breaking the laws to stop immigrants. Trump will find a lacky to do just that.

DHS is a shitshow or SS for short.

eta: “Nielsen was also a vocal advocate for improved election security as DHS sought to help state and local officials secure their elections after Russia interfered in the 2016 race.” The Hill

Nothing to see here. A proponent of election security was just fired.

8 Likes

Of course, he will replace her with someone worse. Or at least try. In this instance, it may actually be a challenge.

6 Likes

“…Stephen Miller was reportedly handed total control of border policy”

“In an email last week to the conservative Daily Caller website, Miller said there would be an “aggressive effort to utilize every existing authority in statute” to curb illegal immigration.”

I want off this planet.

6 Likes

Well, there you have it. Shit.

3 Likes

No, no, no…we want everything Trump/1%/fascist off the planet. Which is why I still think we should push the Fake Mars Colonization idea, and let them go die out there.

7 Likes

Terraforming mars is too expensive for the rest of us. Let’s just talk up floating cities for the 1% and exempt them from any existing flood insurance or public emergency services.

3 Likes

And then you’ve effectively quadrupled ocean pollution, because those people are trash. /s

6 Likes

Bad Actors:

“Nielsen’s departure means Trump has an acting OMB administrator, acting chief of staff, acting Interior secretary, acting Defense secretary, and now an acting DHS secretary. Let’s check in with George Conway : “I wish we had an acting president,” he tweeted last night.” -Washingtonian

7 Likes

The dude’s literally tied to the administration he dislikes so much.

4 Likes

We need to bring those Kremlinology experts back out of retirement to interpret what the hell these guys are throwing out.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Adams initially told police that a man who appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent had tried to drag her daughter out of the store by her hair.[…] But security cameras captured no evidence that Zayan had interacted with Adams or her children at all, and officials said that none of the seven Old Navy employees who were inside the store at the time witnessed the alarming scenario that she had described to police. According to the criminal complaint, surveillance footage showed that Adams calmly exited the store about 15 minutes after she first arrived. Zayan left about 35 seconds later, walking in the opposite direction and never looking in her direction.[…] She did not respond to questions from reporters gathered outside the courthouse, but appeared to defend herself in a statement sent to WCHS-TV on Thursday. “I’m thankful I was prepared to protect my daughter regarding a situation that could have gone worse,” she told the station.

11 Likes

Holy shit!! That is a great way to get this poor guy killed! WTF was she thinking, “Hey, this would be a cool way to get lots of likes on FB!” As a WVian, I can say that is not all that surprising. Brown folks are not welcome in lots of places. Sundown towns were a thing until very recently. And brown, Middle Eastern looking guys even less so.
ETA: Before somebody asks

10 Likes

That “Social media may be to blame” in the headline sure is doing a lot of heavy lifting for what looks like a clear-cut case of deep-seated racism…

8 Likes

I wish I was unfamiliar with the term, but alas; that’s an essential part of knowing Black American history.

6 Likes

Adams was arraigned Friday on charges of falsely reporting an emergency, a misdemeanor which carries a potential $500 fine and penalty of six months in jail

Who thinks that Fox news is outraged at the leniency of the (possible, but probably not that likely) penalty?

5 Likes

Miller is the answer to “What would it look like if Nosferatu were a Nazi?” I expect (more) bloodshed and horror on the border in short order. I have seen people refer to Neilson as “one of the good ones” and I reject that description out of hand, but it very possible she may be remembered as a somewhat lesser evil than what comes next.

11 Likes