The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

Reddit has hundreds of these vehicles:

8 Likes

After seeing snippets of the town hall Trump did this week, and, umm, being alive these past 3.5 years, I have to wonder what the point is at all of any presidential candidate debates this cycle. Trump’s just going to lie, lie, lie. Does it even make sense to give him a platform that appears balanced?

8 Likes

It’s a shame that you can’t buy apples anywhere else.

12 Likes

I think they’re seriously misjudging the demographics of people buying apples from an orchard rather than a supermarket. At least I hope they do.

6 Likes

Thanks Steve Bannon and Chinese fugitive Guo Wengui.

4 Likes

ETA full headline

Fox News said Trump was ‘ambushed’ in a town hall where undecided American voters asked him basic questions

:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Undecided voters amirite?

“The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. ‘Can I interest you in the chicken?’ she asks. ‘Or would you prefer the platter of sh*t with bits of broken glass in it?’

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.”

-David Sedaris 2008

16 Likes

The shocking thing to me in this “town hall” was just how basic the questions really were. Maybe not OAN-level softballs, but nothing that required deep thought, and no gotcha sort of things. He just cannot handle actual questions that are not predicated on his preprogrammed talking points. Which is why his “answers” were all preprogrammed talking points, whether or not (mostly not) they actually related to the question asked or not. In short, anyone who realized he was an asshole prior still thinks so, anyone who did not, does not care. And how is it even possible to be undecided at this point? How can you remain that sheltered from current events to be unaware of his gross incompetence?

18 Likes

I think it really comes down to the average victim and Kushner’s feelings about them. Old people? They’re going to die anyway, “why” isn’t such a big deal. and frankly, saves on Social Security and Medicare. People of color? Duh. People in cities? Great for the election. People without healthcare coverage? Less demand for socialized healthcare.

There just isn’t any downside for him, except people trying to stop it or slow it down.

5 Likes

3 Likes

john cole, former republican and founder of the balloon juice blog put it like this (i paraphrase)–

on a date you want to get an italian dinner and your date wants a serving of tire rims and anthrax. if you can figure out how to reach a compromise on that then you’re qualified to deal with republicans.

15 Likes

gee, several of my friends and family have been burning up facebook with how trump was “ambushed” with “trick questions” and “obscure details”. they all seem to be relying on the same sources for information, an organization called . . . checks sources . . . fox news. i guess that really says it all.

12 Likes

Nice going, Zuck. Not that we didn’t already know your garbage platform was enabling fascists.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-09-17/facebook-and-mark-zuckerberg-need-trump-even-more-than-trump-needs-facebook

6 Likes

Facebook Needs Trump Even More Than Trump Needs Facebook

Billionaires don’t “need” anything. Zuckerberg benefits from Trump.

11 Likes

Get worse mfkr.

12 Likes
18 Likes
15 Likes

we are so fucked.
srsly, we fucked

10 Likes

At least you’re a short hop to the Bahamas. Keep that boat provisioned!

13 Likes

They’re so accustomed to the look of incompetence that preparation is indistinguishable from cheating.

24 Likes