The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

More Christ, what an asshole with every article. Gives regular Massholes a bad name.

5 Likes

An Arkansas gentleman who’s a good example of what can go wrong with the “social media as a public utility” argument, and everything else.

5 Likes

“Over my dead body, but, you know, I could be dead,” Giuliani said in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.”

Could he be trying to tell us something? :wink:

10 Likes

Two birds, one stone.

3 Likes

Looks who has risen up out of the swampy putrid waters of racism this morning:

of course he will…

8 Likes

sunlight

4 Likes

FTFY
nosfueratumueller2

9 Likes

Oopsie! Looks like those dog whistles weren’t pitched high enough.

10 Likes

America’s museum working hard to rehabilitate the image of…

looks at notes

…the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory owners.

After a lot of “there were good people on both sides of the locked doors” and “they were a product of their times, which is why it’s weird that so many people were mad at them at the time” faffery, they round out with this:

but in a way that seems to absolve them of failing to learn any sort of lesson from the deaths of 146 people.

14 Likes

Dead racists rule America!

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2009/07/14/pittsburgh-foundation-funded-hate-groups

5 Likes

No word if the new platform will be called JorSugarDaddy.

5 Likes

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side,” Trump said of Epstein in 2002.

:face_vomiting:

10 Likes
6 Likes

Also:

“Are we fake news, Mr. President,”

I can’t stop laughing!

f995dd5d33ba04fb6b0afdc33dea36f2c1473d0e

A. Yes. Yes, you are.

7 Likes

Kick rocks barefoot, Wonderbread; I hope the door hits you twice on your way out.

6 Likes
4 Likes

A gentrification bomb hits a sleep town in Texas with racist fallout.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/arts/design/marfa-texas-adobe-taxes.html

Long story short: a quiet town suddenly becomes a trendy location for vacation homes and retirees. They want the atmosphere, so they buy/build adobe homes, jumping the real estate prices. Texas notices and puts the screws to the county to raise more tax income. They reappraise the property values, and create a higher appraisal classification for adobe houses.

Descendants of the anglo ranchers, not in adobe, benefiting from the increased money flow into town, are fine. Lower income Hispanics, in adobe, get slammed by taxes and driven out of their homes.

Required by Texas law to find more revenue, the Presidio county tax assessors realized that adobe homes in Marfa were selling at a premium, and so they raised their appraisal values in 2017, just three years after a townwide revaluation. That has meant two big tax increases, not only for owners of the high-end and expansive adobe homes with backyard pools, xeriscaped gardens and adobe walls to surround them, but also for hundreds of more modest, weather-beaten residences clustered around the south side of Marfa, where historically most of the town’s Hispanic population has lived.

They could have easily raised the appraisals to match the real estate prices, so this special adobe tax seems a lot like “working as designed”.

7 Likes

I’ve read the Constitution a few times. Still looking for the passage that states, “citizens have the right to all the firearms and accessories they can ever want”. If anything I am struck by the words, “well regulated”

6 Likes

And of course Trump’s pick for acting SecDef has no experience in military, government, or foreign policy. You know, the kind of things important to running the military. But he was an exec at Boeing! :thinking: Nope, no conflicts of interest here at all.

5 Likes

At least he knows which drone or cruise missile to pick for upcoming strikes.

1 Like