The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

Yeah, there are a lot more than 8 news outlets.

7 Likes

We have a joke here in Germany. There are 3 guys at a table- a banker, a refugee and right winger. There are 10 cookies on the table. The banker takes 9 and then turns to the right winger and says, " watch out! The refugee is going to steal your cookie! " The problem is that these people not only donā€™t get it but they repeatedly, year for year, generation for generation elect the cookie stealing banker again and again. And in US, they also apparently forget that they used to be the refugee.

8 Likes

Itā€™s not just a German jokeā€¦

6 Likes

This is the first and only time Iā€™ve seen it acted out.

The first time Iā€™ve heard the joke, it was in German. Iā€™m hearing it in English more and more, though.

6 Likes

Iā€™m always boggled by the idea that being a financial conservative somehow involves removing all regulation, reporting requirements and watchdogs, rather than making sure that theyā€™re working properly.

I suspect people with a vested interest in swindling the public are lying about that.

6 Likes

Itā€™s important to remember that the GOP arenā€™t conservatives; theyā€™re radical fascists. The only conservatives in current US politics are in the centre-left of the Democratic party.

And theyā€™re still wrong; the current state of the world is not one in which conservative responses are appropriate. Weā€™re facing multiple existential crises; radical solutions are required.

But the only radicals in play in current US politics are working to make everything radically worse.

8 Likes

So, to break this down:

• He tried to do something and failed
  • He did something that I donā€™t quite understand, but whatever.
  • His pick for Supreme Court (which he didnā€™t actually pick) was confirmed
  • He struck down a regulation that was basically dead and that Clinton would have also struck down
  • A cabinet nominee of his was confirmed

Banner presidency for sure!

6 Likes

At least the /pol/ memes are obvious lies but have to actually be fact checked. Thereā€™s something to be said about a veneer.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what this says about the state of the world that itā€™s not just German, but with at least better cookies.

Unfortunately there are still people in America who think that being poor is due to laziness or " not trying hard enough" as opposed to it being anchored in a structural system that doesnā€™t offer a level playing field. In most parts of the world, folks at least know why they are poor. But well how does the expression go? panem et circensesā€¦

2 Likes

I remember having this conversation with my dad when I was young.

Me:: Why do they have such a nice house and nice cars?
Dad: Some people work harder than othersā€¦
Me: Then whereā€™s our nice house and nice cars?
Dad: Well, you see, we donā€™t go into debt. Weā€™re responsibleā€¦
Me SMGDH

Logic so simple a child can see through it, but adults just deny deny deny. Itā€™s not lack of understanding, itā€™s refusing to accept that things are the way they are.

7 Likes

Capitalism does not permit an even flow of economic resources. With this system, a small privileged few are rich beyond conscience, and almost all others are doomed to be poor at some level. Thatā€™s the way the system works. And since we know that the system will not change the rules, we are going to have to change the system.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

8 Likes

Not sure how many know this, but /pol/ handed Wikileaks a massive list of emails from Macon (allegedly).

Itā€™s an interesting series showing Wikileaks determining if they feel is is genuine, and then posting links to it anyways:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a strange thing for Wikileaks to say.

4 Likes

Yes, because they want to stick to the globalists, who they blame for all the bad things. Who cares if women and some minority populations get hurt along the way.

1 Like

It gets worse than just sticking it to globalist, they have sent antisimetic tweets out and promote outlandish conspiracies on their twitter feed. With this latest release of the Macron pastebin they have made some serious wounds in their credibility to verify authenticity of documents, since they repeatedly said they have found no fakes despite there being at least a couple obviously fake documents in there being passed around.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not surprised at all, sadly. the more I hear about Assange, the less he seems like one of the good guys.

But Iā€™m just not sure how we can intersection all of this. As long as people arenā€™t will to acknowledge that the problem isnā€™t just either class or race/gender, that BOTH factors are at play, weā€™re all going to keep getting played by those who seek to keep taking from the rest of us.

3 Likes

canā€™t remember if this was posted

1 Like

A video viewed millions of times on social media since Saturday appears to show a woman reportedly standing in the checkout line at Trader Joeā€™s in Reston, Virginia, as she is being recorded by another customer.

ā€œI shouldnā€™t have let you in front of me,ā€ is uttered as the 75-second video begins, with only a grocery cart in the camera shot. Then you hear, ā€œI wish they didnā€™t let you in the country.ā€

The voice of a young woman reacts: ā€œExcuse me? I was born here.ā€ The camera begins to pan up as the woman responds, ā€œOh, you were? Okay.ā€

Thereā€™s a long pause as the camera slowly works up to the womanā€™s smile. ā€œObamaā€™s not in office anymore,ā€ she says. ā€œWe donā€™t have a Muslim in there anymore. Heā€™s gone. Heā€™s gone.ā€

Now, glancing down at what is likely a camera/phone, the woman says, ā€œHe may be in jail, too, in the future.ā€ Challenged on her comments, the woman said, ā€œOh, Iā€™m normal. What set you off? ā€˜Obama?ā€™ā€

1 Like

Still, the nationalist, anti-globalization camp did not lose all hope. ā€œIn France the battle is lost, the war is not,ā€ wrote Alexander Dugin, a central philosopher of the nationalist right who also lectures periodically in France. ā€œTransnational (and transgender) elites defeated the people.ā€

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/08/world/europe/french-voters-defy-putins-meddling-but-youd-hardly-know-it-in-russia.html

3 Likes