The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

10 Likes

CNN now reporting it’s 5 million in tax evasion and various other felonies which would add up to a 25 year prison term.It seems to be that his cooperation will get him 5 years probation,pay 1 mil restitution, and no prison time.

Jesus Fucking Christ, isn’t it great to be a rich white criminal.

I could live the rest of my life on 5 mil, plus insure all my nephews and nieces have college tuition and a hefty amount, if not all, of their first mortgage.

ETA word

9 Likes
6 Likes

If it leads to the rest of the bunch getting screwed I can live with this.

5 Likes
2 Likes

(I actually saw the Onion item first, and figured that something like what you just linked had actually happened)

5 Likes

Why the fuck does the National Anthem have to be associated with sports events at all? It’s stupid!

Probably a thread on this somewhere.

4 Likes

Of course you beat me to it.

Cue the 1st Amendment lawsuits when a player is inevitably penalized, or when an entire team gets fined.

5 Likes

@Akimbo_NOT @Melz2
The association between the Star Spangled Banner and sporting events goes back to 1918, though Francis Scott Key’s nigh un-singable magnum opus wouldn’t be made the official national anthem until 1931. It became a pregame fixture in MLB and the NFL during WWII. The NFL mandated that players observe the anthem in 2009 for reasons I don’t understand.

This useful timeline from Axios includes a tidbit about a report by John Mcain and Jeff Flake which states that between 2012 and 2015, the DoD spent $7M on “paid patriotism” displays before sporting events.

The Washington Post has a piece on the anthem and disobedience related to it:

3 Likes

I believe they mislabeled that, as it should be “the worst”.

1 Like

White supremacy, imperialism, capitalism.

It’s all connected, and each part reinforces the others.

9 Likes

It was certainly mentioned here:

Yup, here it is for those interested:

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/12de6dcb-d8d8-4a58-8795-562297f948c1/tackling-paid-patriotism-oversight-report.pdf

6 Likes

Florida Man reprise

Who “deserves” to eat at McDonalds really?

6 Likes

I’ll hazard a guess. Trump?

5 Likes
2 Likes

Quislings gotta quisle.

4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

The Democratic mayor of St Louis has moved on from organising the crushing of BLM protests:

7 Likes