The greatest Christmas movie Is The Lord of the Rings

“On Thumper, and Thumper, andThumper and Thumper! Dash away, Thumper, Thumper, and Thumper! Dash away all!”

4 Likes

Cutting out Tom Bombadil made it a lot easier to keep the LoTR movies tonally consistent. It would be jarring to spend the whole first act setting up the stakes for a desperate mission to save the world from the Ultimate Evil only to pause all the action so the Hobbits could stop for a lunch break at this goofball’s house:

5 Likes

It’s certainly One way to Ring in the new year…

6 Likes

Everybody has a Christmas favorite, and Hallmark’s always out there making more.
But for me it’s got to be the kind of movie, where Charlie finds a body on the floor.

'Cause he’s the guru, from Honolulu,
Helping local coppers solve their crimes.
Like how a mob hit, in San Francisco
Stops Santa getting presents there on time

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with those games, but my knowledge of modern gaming is rather limited. But the original Wolfenstein games did influence later stealth-based games such as Metal Gear Solid, and those went on to influence other games, so there may be an indirect connection.

1 Like

Which LOTR cinema? The Ralph Bakshi masterpiece or those dreary Peter Jackson snoozefests?

Anything that allows me to examine the inside of my eyelids is a great Christmas movie.

No? Is this a reference I’m not getting, or is this film highly popular in Italy at christmas time?

1 Like

Will it? Given that the streaming content providers decide what content they make available when and what content to push at us at any given time?

Yes. The streaming services won’t limit availability of Wizard of Oz or Sound of Music or the like to once or twice a year like the broadcast networks had to.

2 Likes
4 Likes

They both celebrate the discovery of fictional characters?

The Ralph Bakshi half-masterpiece. Saw that when I was a teen. Sad that it never got finished. Can’t knock Jackson for completing the task.

1 Like

It’s an highly popular movie at Christmas in Italy.
Trading places=Una poltrona per due

3 Likes

Seven classic films to watch for an Italian Christmas

https://www.thelocal.it/20201218/classic-italian-christmas-films

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.