The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

6 Likes
8 Likes

Nothing from Ed Wood? Harumph.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I can vouch for Cat People. Great flick.

6 Likes

It seems quite a good list over all. I’ve seen about half and most of those were great.

5 Likes

Yup. And the 1982 remake can’t touch it.

4 Likes
12 Likes

Fuck J. Edgar Hoover.

4 Likes

Yep. What a monster he was.

6 Likes

The Original Series Yes GIF by Star Trek

7 Likes

It was my favorite show when I was a kid. Now my favorite ST show is DS9.

4 Likes

DS9 is best trek.

ds9-sisko-yes-baseball-hat

6 Likes

DS9 was a very good surprise. I only watched one or two episodes when it was released here, as I was working as a trainee and studying at night. It didn´t hook me at the time.

Thanks to Netflix I could see all the seasons and I loved the story arch. Ok, aliens of the week episodes of Voyager and TNG are fun, but a solid story behind the scifi gimmicks is something totally different.

They also had very good actors and they build charaters that we could relate and care about their fates.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m really thinking about doing a rewatch again. It’s been a while.

Having them primarily in a single location, with a story line that’s interconnected and building on itself was great… Other shows were starting to do that at the time, too.

3 Likes

And all the other alien species had important roles. The Federation was like a supporting character and we hade a lot of shades of grey, no more “unidimensional black and white” aliens. We had good and bad guys. But the good guys could do evil things too. And the “evil” species had some nice and decent individuals.

4 Likes

Exactly! They even got into some depth on the “bad” guys like the Cardassians. They introduced section 31 and you get the sense that maybe the Federation isn’t the liberal paradise that they always claim…

Pretty solid writing on the whole series…

4 Likes

Better than the last encarnations of ST. I mean, I watched the new series and I was somehow disappointed. Sure, they have some very cool ideas. But I think it was perfect for a feature film, not for a series with dozen episodes.

3 Likes

Like Sisko poisoning an entire planet to stop the Maquis from using biogenic weapons. Pretty harsh!

3 Likes

2pg3n5

4 Likes

For me its Lower Decks. As I get older, my attention span is going right down the tubes.

2 Likes