The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

Needed a feel-good film (directed by Amy Poehler and featuring The Linda Lindas), so I watched Moxie:

7 Likes

If I can’t convince my family to watch The Front Runner tonight, maybe I’ll suggest that… We watched this last night and it was alright…

Kind of a low-rent Blade Runner kind of thing… Maybe I’m just not as into cyberpunk as I used to be…

4 Likes

Yeah, they really captured the mood of that movie. That cast really sold it, too! Followed that with this sci-fi action flick:

4 Likes

Worth the time? I like Anthony Mackie…

3 Likes

Yeah, it had enough twists to keep it interesting. Anthony Mackie was in fine form throughout, too! :wink:

Oh My God Omg GIF by ABC Network

3 Likes

Reality Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

3 Likes

Based on this review that claims the film is different from Tyler Perry’s usual work, I plan to check this one out this weekend :crossed_fingers:t4::

5 Likes

Americans seem more desperate now than ever to tie up humanity’s mysteries with a shiny bow, either sanitizing reality or overemphasizing its horrors. Miyazaki’s singular aesthetic urges us to see our lives differently: in ambiguity, in liminality, and in spirit.

Studio Ghibli GIF by Spirited Away

11 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

That’s such a great movie… I love Robin Wright…

Kevin Spacey Netflix GIF by Alex Bedder

2 Likes
3 Likes

Hey can any of our Atlanta Mutants tell me how the Rocky Horror Show at the Plaza is? @Mindysan33 ? I was thinking of trekking over there with some friends next weekend

3 Likes

It’s been ages since I’ve Lips Down on Dixie - years ago (if they are still doing Rocky Horror at the Plaza - I assume that it’s still them)… but I remember them being awesome and lots of fun! worth the trip for sure!

Also…

ludacris-ATL-welcome

Make sure you hit up Felinis and/or the Majestic… or maybe even grab a beer over at Manuel’s while in Poncey-Highlands…

4 Likes

Great suggestions, thanks!

3 Likes

Andre300 Yes GIF by Chris Piascik

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t4: I really hope this will be done well…

8 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

4 Likes