The Hells Angels have left the building

They are generally romanticized in American white, middle class culture, which see them more as righteous outlaws instead of the thugs they often were. Lots of upper middle class, boomer white dudes go out and buy a harley and imagine themselves to be the same kind of rebels, while probably only having a passing familiarity with Hunter S. Thompson’s work on that…

10 Likes

I belonged to a short-lived MCRC just outside London that was “required” to “pay tribute” (read: protection money) to the local Hell’s Angels chapter on pain of having the club insignia we designed and had printed for our leathers and hoodies forcibly confiscated on sight. We quickly decided it was easier to just be a bunch of friends on bikes and closed the club down after a few short months, rather than be forced to associate with those “people”.

7 Likes

Utter scumbags. Run prostitutes, drugs, protection rackets in every town that isn’t London and ruin every biker’s meeting I’ve ever been to where they show up with pointless aggression and alpha mail bullshit.

I hope they all die slowly, over many months, and soon.

3 Likes

As y’may have noted from some of the other comments above, the Angels aren’t terribly popular amongst regular bikers.

This may have something to do with the point that, whenever the patch clubs get busted around here, the charges tend to involve guns, drugs and stolen motorcycles.

Fuck bike thieves.

7 Likes

I can’t remember what this is from and google image search is suggesting “father” which well ok fine this is definitely a tender moment between father and child I’m witnessing here.

Fuck the Hell’s Angels. Three reasons: 1) They’re a bunch of violent assholes, unless you appropriately kowtow to their unearned white male badass-ness, in which case, you’re cool, 2) They ride the shittiest motorcycles on the planet in the shittiest way possible, and 3) where’s the apostrophe, you trog dipshits?

I used to live in the area - they were aggressive dicks for the most part, but the statement “the Angels’ block was considered the safest around” is not incorrect.

Apart from the small quality of life crimes (and some more serious) committed by the Angels themselves, the level of all other crimes was substantially lower because of their presence. eg. car theft, burglaries, drug dealing, mugging, etc. were all lower than on neighboring blocks.

Surprisingly the presence of the 9th precinct station house a few blocks over did NOT have the same effect on its immediate neighbors (and the cops are even bigger dicks about parking illegally than the Angels)

1 Like

A Bronx Tale, it does have a patriarchal type narrative.

1 Like

Huh? There’s plenty of “Good Riddance” in this thread from a local blog:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.