The high stakes elections in Brazil and the threat of a January 6-style insurrection

Originally published at: The high stakes elections in Brazil and the threat of a January 6-style insurrection | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Always the feckless urge to ask adherents of the far-right how the pre-vote: “If I lose this contest, then it was stolen and therefore I won’t accept it” isn’t obviously insane and nihilistic. i just need to accept that any response would be a linear combination of “Don’t care” and “The world is run by lizard people!” -sigh-

7 Likes
8 Likes

Lula will be very lucky to survive the next few months whether or not he wins the election. Bolsonaro is easily as big a scumbag as trump but with a lot more support from idiots and the military (prehaps I repeat myself). He is selling Brazil’s resources to the highest bidders without the slightest concern for the welfare of his country, the people and most certainly not the environment. He will likely declare himself the winner before the vote count even gets a start and most certainly will not pass the power of the office to Lula. Sadly for Brazil its going to be bloody before it can ever get better. Just as here, once that kind of scum gets loose It’s damn hard to control. I wish you the best Brazil.

10 Likes

I had posted this in World Politics, but it goes here now too:

Weird, no one-box.

4 Likes

The fascists are watching and learning from each-other’s mistakes and successes. We who oppose them should be doing the same.

3 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.