The history of rock and roll poster art

Originally published at: The history of rock and roll poster art | Boing Boing

There’s an excellent documentary on YT called “The Poster Boys” about the music poster scene in Austin in the '60’s and '70’s. A number of the guys featured in the film went on to work at Origin Systems and I got to work with them for several years. Some amazing stories.

I’ve only been able to watch a little bit of this today, can’t wait to watch the rest when I have time this evening.
Got to the part about the Fillmore. They still hand you a poster on your way out. I live in Southern CA and have for over 20 years now, but when we were up there one time in 2018, my wife and I went when Chris Robinson Brotherhood was doing a 3 night run. She’s a deadhead, so I didn’t tell her about the big pic of Jerry in the stairwell going upstairs. The poster room up there is AWESOME. Pics from then below.
We’re kind of in a new golden age of poster art now, IMO. We have quite a collection from over the years spread around the house. Mostly all jam bands.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.