The horrors floating around in your home

There is some weird irony in a poster named IRobot arguing it’s better not to keep floors clean. I guess the lowercase i makes a lot of difference.

7 Likes

Back in 1996 I removed the circa 1975 wall to wall carpeting in the house I bought. Holy hell. Even with a mask I think I took years off my life.

9 Likes

Similar experience in 2011. I felt it in my lungs that night, big time. If I ever have to do that again I’ll wear the full-cover face mask with cartridges.
:grimacing:

9 Likes

I’m still unclear where the “toxin woo” criticism is coming from. I read the article and they aren’t being overly alarmist. It read to me like, “hey, some pretty bad stuff gets tracked in, we were able to show that, and our verdict is it’s a good idea to take your shoes off in the home.”

A friend’s child had high lead levels a few years ago and they never were able to track down the source. They’d tested all the toys, the interior paint, etc. It was really scary for them. To think someone might’ve been tracking it in on their shoes…

7 Likes

That is a very real thing. It’s the origin of all the “detox” bullshit flying around. How exactly this poster was trying to connect it to concerns about IAQ is very unclear to me. I was getting a reply ready when the subthread got nuked.

5 Likes

Yep, with a Tyvek suit.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.