Here we go again: Los Angeles county "strongly recommends" indoor masking as Covid cases rise

Originally published at: Here we go again: Los Angeles county "strongly recommends" indoor masking as Covid cases rise | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Really? Have all-y’all stopped wearing masks indoors? I sure haven’t. I’m shooting to be the last person I know to get it and I’m making good progress.

22 Likes

I’ll never stop. Incognito mode IRL.

22 Likes

Who’s “all y’all?”

I never stopped wearing mine indoors/around other people.

Roger that.

16 Likes

A coworker had to call out yesterday because her kid was acting sick and she got a call from the school. She took her son to the urgent care and spent three hours in the waiting room (full of other families with kids dealing with upper respiratory issues), to find out he has RSV. She and her son were the only two in the room wearing masks…

Covid/RSV/Influenza is really going to make this winter interesting. Sigh.

10 Likes

I remember envying the people in Japan who got to wear them all the time without anyone batting an eye lash at it before all this. I didnt ask for THIS but still, I will happily keep wearing a mask and stop having “breath sex” with all the other people along with all the other people that they beathed the air of

I like to tell the less hinged people that the government WANTS them to stop wearing masks so that facial recognition technology will work, I dont think they’re quite sure where to file that info

20 Likes

I haven’t stopped wearing a mask whenever I go to a grocery store or other public place. Usually it’s just me and some of the store employees that are wearing them, but I consider it the prudent thing to do.

11 Likes

Velcome to BB.

19 Likes

“Breath Sex” sounds like when someone blows you a kiss but aims for your genitals.

10 Likes

I’m sorry, I don’t know how that happened…

2 Likes

I haven’t stopped wearing them indoors around people :confused:

Absolutely. I have said that to several people to remember their view on their resistance to mask wearing, because within 10 years they will probably make it illegal to wear a mask.

4 Likes

Just in time for the biggest travel season of the year! Spread the viral love to your families, or hope that they won’t give you shit for not damasking or not visiting at all!

2 Likes

We still use masks everywhere indoors, even if we feel like the last people in Florida doing so. Interestingly, as an exception to the above, Disney still has many masking cast members and visitors. The former is likely because they interact with MANY people, and the latter I tend to chalk up to international visitors who are more likely not to treat masks as a political thing.

15 Likes

New band name, maybe?

9 Likes

Or maybe the title of a Duke Silver album?

8 Likes

I still wear a mask outdoors.

3 Likes

Why am I thinking of a punk Taylor Swift cover band?

2 Likes

Aside from getting my glasses steamed up, I like having a warm face in the winter.

9 Likes

No-one I’ve seen in West L.A., except for the occasional elderly person, over the past couple of days is heeding this suggestion. I’m often the only person at the grocery store wearing a mask.

7 Likes

Yes. I live in a place with a 93% vaccination rate, low population density, and I have had four COVID shots, including the fancy new bivalent one.

If I lived in Los Angeles I’d sure as heck be masking right now, but the point is the risk calculation is very different in different places. I don’t think we have a single COVID case in our local hospital right now.

11 Likes