The Huntsman: Winter’s War is a terrible movie, say critics

I watched the first one, and the only reason I didn’t walk out (bear in mind I was on a plane*) was that my friend and I were too busy enjoying ourselves by making fun of it and groaning at all the groanworthy parts.

Also:

*I wasn’t, but I would have.

3 Likes

It’s not just the Grimm’s Fairy Tales, though. Look what they did to Alice in Wonderland. By all accounts that was a lighthearted whimsical children’s story (the darkest bit from the source material was the Red Queen’s propensity for ordering beheadings, and it was explicitly stated that the King always pardoned everyone because she really never cared about following through) and Hollywood tried to turn it into a battle sequence from Lord of the Rings.

3 Likes

Grimmdark?

What about the Hollywood film about The Brothers Grimm?

They did that, but maybe it’s time for a GRITTY REBOOT.

Oh goodness, yes. What an absolute joyless turd that film ended up being. The upcoming sequel is going firmly in my “nope” pile for watching.

While I’ve never been a huge fan of Tim Burton’s films (not sure why that is, maybe it’s just the “HEY LOOK I’M MAKING A WEIRD KOooOoooOKY FILM, LOOK AT ME I’M SO CLEVER” aspect that has always bugged the hell out of me) the level of shark jumping over the past decade or so has just been spectacular.

My heart sank when I learned he would be doing the film adaptation of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. I’m not looking forward to seeing how badly it gets ruined.

1 Like

I used to have that on video. The ‘prof’ of the bad movie ‘class’ I go to called it incoherent, and I told him yes but so was the source material. I had first seen the movie not long after reading the story and it stays fairly close. The other books get even more nutty in storyline so not sure how well you could do a movie of them also they are very much a product of the late 60’s and early 70’s so not sure how well it could be updated for current tastes.

But… But… That’s why I love them!

1 Like

Oh I love them for that as well, just you know can’t see it translating to the screen in a way that would be reasonably watchable.

perfectly good film… oh not that one

Nice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.