The Hydaway is the ultra-cool reusable water bottle that collapses to just 1.5 inches high

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/15/the-hydaway-is-the-ultra-cool-reusable-water-bottle-that-collapses-to-just-1-5-inches-high.html

I bought a collapsible water bottle and found that I can’t use it. Even when fully expanded, the ribs along the side make it hard to slip in and out of the external water-bottle pocket because they catch on the netting.

4 Likes

And now you cannot recycle it (without making extra effort over plastic) and you will find it difficult to clean the interior along those ribs. And then the damn thing collapses when you try to drink from it.

3 Likes

maintain your own crucial daily hydration.

I thought I’d been doing it wrong all these years. I’ve just been drinking water. D’oh!

2 Likes

I had a similar reaction to the collapsible “flat thick plastic” water bottles…

they become too formless to fit in the standard water bottle pockets on backpacks, etc. Being collapsible is less of an asset than you’d think.

2 Likes

I’ve had stainless steel bottles for many years; they’re very durable, easy to clean, and stay fresh far longer than plastic. One downside is that a metal cap in a metal bottle is difficult to quietly unscrew during a meeting.

3 Likes

6 Likes
1 Like

ok but what if I don’t like Dr. Jekyl either?

1 Like

Obligatory:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.