The Internet can't decide if Grover is throwing the F-bomb or not

OH damn!! before i closed my eyes i only heard fucking. When i closed my eyes I heard Sounds . and now i only hear sounds!!!

Yes, but only because it was a fucking excellent idea.

1 Like

Happy to have been of service. :wink:

I think you mean because it SOUNDED LIKE a fucking excellent idea.

(Why did system automatically remove whole of previous quote? Took me a while to figure out - had to use partial quote.)

1 Like

Weird. Listening to it, I initially heard “fucking excellent idea” but then after listening to the specific section on repeat, it resolved into “sounds like an.” How does that happen?

1 Like

This is my favorite piece of insanity

2 Likes

I think I hear an f-bomb because I was told it’s there. If PBS provided a transcript and I see another word there, then perhaps I will suddenly hear that instead.

1 Like

According to the transcript, Grover said, “gullible”.

5 Likes

Well done, sir.

1 Like

I listened without prejudice and heard “sounds like an excellent idea”

read the text

listened again while staring at the f-bomb text

heard the f-bomb text

So I can see where they’re coming from, but you have to try a bit.

1 Like

Go to settings, and slow down the playback speed to .05. You will f------g hear it.

Xcuse me while I kiss this guy.

6 Likes

This video is totally sounds liking with me.

2 Likes

That’s just the weirdest thing. When I tell my brain to hear one thing, that’s what I hear. So I can hear both (not at the same time, obviously).

Seriously folks, I don’t care whether you voted for Trump or Hillary or even voted at all (actually I do, but humor me here).

Can’t we - THE INTERNET- just agree on one thing for once? Can’t we all just get along? Can’t we all just fucking admit that Grover said “fucking” and be done with it?

Doesn’t THAT sound like a fucking excellent idea?

1 Like

When did Sesame Street record in fucken portrait mode.

3 Likes

The F Bomb knitting pattern you weren’t aware you were looking for:

3 Likes

Same here. Specifically, “That’s a fuckin’ great idea!”

1 Like

I unmistakably hear both – depending on which sentence I’m looking at when I hear the clip.

3 Likes

If you’re hearing dirty words where there are none, then perhaps you need to cut back on your own vulgarities. Your brain may be inserting them automatically at this point. Control yourself better.

1 Like

Sounds like some puppet-variant of the McGurk effect…

2 Likes