Sesame Street Muppets tell Elon to shove their blue checkmarks up his trashcan

Originally published at: Sesame Street Muppets tell Elon to shove their blue checkmarks up his trashcan | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I haven’t been paying much attention in recent years but I had figured that Sesame Workshop might have de-emphasized the Elmo character a bit after Kevin Clash left the show clouded by at least the appearance of scandal back in 2012. But the character is bigger than any one performer so I know he continues to exist.

1 Like

I always liked Grover Knover when I was a kid. It was a fun alter ego for a great muppet :smiley:

6 Likes

We all know Grover is superior. My all time favorite book as a kid was

35 Likes

I loved this book as a kid and recently found out my granddaughter has it. I love reading it, with my bad Grover impersonation and over the top acting, exactly like it used to read in my head 50 years ago.

14 Likes

Things a bunch of puppets do better than Musk: strategy, humor, integrity, finance, humanity…

16 Likes

Just try and tell me that your brain doesn’t read that “Hello everybodee!” in a Grover voice… :grin:

Like the Morgan Freeman of Muppets…

15 Likes

kermit-tea-meme-history-meaning

7 Likes

And of course Elon’s manchild cultists have to go on the offensive against . . . muppets.

14 Likes

I have a friend with a lucrative gig playing Elmo-she must never appear in only part of the costume, and as Elmo has very limited conversation.

8 Likes

It’s so weird that his followers have decided that everyone has a moral obligation to give money to a billionaire and that refusing to do that is elitist.

36 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing! :smile:

13 Likes

Cookie Monster is the best Muppet, other than that, great work, Muppets.

Cookie GIF by NBC

18 Likes

Grover was always my favorite, but obviously Oscar holds a special place in my heart. (Yes, that’s where my 'nym come from)

20 Likes

fozzie bear muppets GIF by IFC

Honestly, I don’t know if I can pick my favorite… I love Grover, Fozzy, Miss Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo… so hard to choose!

15 Likes

Loop Drumming GIF

Not Sesame Street, but still a Muppet

19 Likes

That’s another one! He was my Dad’s fave! He could also do a mean Grover impression when I was a kid… made hearing The Monster at the End of This Book even better! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I think as long as people have a favourite Muppet then they’re not irredeemable.

Love them or GTFO, you know?

18 Likes

Awkward Sam The Eagle GIF

I don’t know… maybe not the people who unironically like Sam the Eagle for his unrepentant patriotism?

8 Likes

Or the ones who love this guy
58d139d82c00002100fef888

9 Likes