Sesame Street Muppets tell Elon to shove their blue checkmarks up his trashcan

Margaret Hamilton. My favorite non Muppet guest star:

10 Likes

man that book was rough. “we’re all monsters in the end” - sorry spoilers - is a hard lesson for a kid. :confused:

truly, that book terrified me. part of it was the drawing style which didn’t match the grover i knew. it’s also possible i might have had some anxiety issues growing up. or you know, still

11 Likes

Madeline Kahn

And of course

12 Likes

Elmo was never a Grover replacement. Grover is still very active on the show, albeit mostly in his Super Grover 2.0 persona (no more “waiter there’s a fly in my soup” sketches).

4 Likes

But he still has a lot of interactions with Mr Johnson, right? Right??

5 Likes

I loved the book. Grover’s anxiety and existential crisis about the monster at the end of the book and his utter delight to find out he is the monster to really spoke to me as a kid that had a lot of anxiety (and still does).

6 Likes

From the article, " In July 2013, the three cases against Clash were dismissed because it was ruled that the claims were made more than six years after each man reasonably should have become aware of Clash’s alleged violations during the three years after each turned 18. Clash’s lawyers expressed his hope that the ruling would allow him to restore his personal and professional life.[54] Lawyers for the plaintiffs appealed the ruling, alleging that the psychological effects of the abuse were not fully realized until 2012. In April 2014, the decision to dismiss the three lawsuits was upheld by the U.S. Court of Appeals.[55] Months after the other alleged victims made legal accusations, Stephens filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania against Clash,[56] but it was ultimately dismissed in June 2014 because the statute of limitations had passed.[57]"

So it looks like the Legal Advice for abusers is to abuse young kids, and the Statute of Limitations will save your paedo-ass. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sorry to be a Donny Downer. My favourite Muppet is… um… How can I choose?!

2 Likes

Close! I read it in my mother’s voice doing her Grover impression. I listened to her read that book for more hours over the years than I did watching Sesame Street, because we didn’t have a TV when I was the right age, but my younger siblings LOVED that book. And I love listening to someone read stories, even little kid ones, so I’d join in and listen.

6 Likes

Any excuse to post this, I will, so…

20 Likes

… Biscuit Monster in the UK?

6 Likes

Don’t be silly. Everybody is a Biscuit Monster in the UK.

15 Likes

I’m a Chocolate Hob-Nob Monster!

10 Likes

Count von Count. Ah ah ah ah ah!

I used to be able to do a whole slew of the muppets’s voices, though some of the higher pitched voices also wreaked havoc on my vocal cords.

Also: that moment when you realize that Grover and Yoda have the same voice…

8 Likes

I was a big fan of the Alice Cooper episode. I remember being really confused when I went to school the next day, because apparently everybody else’s parents wouldn’t let them watch. I suppose it was just on the cusp of the Satanic Panic.

10 Likes

16 Likes

11 Likes

Wait a minute, you’re saying that counting things is his passion? This song really gave me the wrong idea.

7 Likes

Splurge!

5 Likes

No, see, it’s a coping strategy for immortality.

The Count: a vampire?

There is though genuinely a tradition that you can distract vampires by casting a handful of something small like grain, and they will feel compelled to count it all up. They’re kind of obsessive apparently.

12 Likes

:astonished: poor guy…

I had heard that. Poppy seeds are good, according to Sir Pterry.

11 Likes