Sesame Street Muppets tell Elon to shove their blue checkmarks up his trashcan

7 Likes

Furry happy monsters!

12 Likes

There’s a mistake. That says '90’s old school, but the '90’s were only…oh god.

16 Likes

Dr Strangelove__Doctor__Pick numer three_phixr

3 Likes

The Muppets GIF

8 Likes

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

9 Likes

And yet I bet if I were to call it the Clinton administration, it would feel like six lifetimes ago.

10 Likes

Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

8 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

7 Likes

The Kate Pierson muppet is a great touch.

8 Likes

It’s a bit of vampire lore that we’ve mostly forgotten - you can distract a vampire by dropping a load of seeds or something that’ll take a long time to count. They’ll be compelled to count it

7 Likes

OMG, so very, very same, Sugarplum.
spn hug

4 Likes

Wearing fringe supposedly has the same effect against witches, according to some arcane lore…

4 Likes

tumblr_n6txiyVwzX1txae4yo1_250

1 Like

I loved Sesame Street as much as the kids did…we all watched that show and Reading Rainbow together for years. Being a ham I also enjoyed “doing voices” when reading Sesame Street books to them. Cookie runs a close second, but Grover was The Man…uh, The Muppet…for me. My favorite Grover moment came in his take on The 39 Steps. He trudges wearily up a stairway, counting the steps, but when he reaches #39 he finds a blank wall. He turns to the camera and cries, “ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIIIIIND?!” Decades later that line still slips out in moments of frustration.

11 Likes

My sister in law used to work for CTW, which produces/ed Sesame Street. They found that millions of households without a child under 12 in the house watched it every day.

9 Likes

I remember my mom telling me that she stopped in to visit my grandma once and found her watching Sesame Street, who was somewhat embarrassed to be found out.

She was watching for the entertainment value but I think there are a lot of adults who speak English as a second language who tune in to help learn.

10 Likes

They could have the Count counting all the subscribers Twitter’s lost since Elon took over. That’d be a loooong episode…

7 Likes

My Portuguese babysitter when I was a pre-schooler absolutely confirmed this. Sesame Street was one of her gateways to English.

6 Likes

Elmo is the relatable 6-year-old proxy. Grover is the aspirational 10-year-old proxy. Both modes have utility for telling children stories, but Grover will always seem cooler.

Elon was an aspirational techbro winner, but now more of a relatable middle-aged dad in a life crisis.