The Internet of Dongs remains a security dumpster-fire -- UPDATED

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/15/unencrypted-panty-buster.html

2 Likes

Teledildonic - new band name.

3 Likes

I may be stupid, but I don’t get why anyone would ever want to own an Internet-connected sex toy.

3 Likes

I mean, I can actually imagine it being quite erotic to walk around with an IoT connected vibe in and wait for strangers to get me off. Try to keep a straight face and keep my eyes open for the person fiddling with their phone and looking around for a reaction…

(That being said, this could be achieved by just not setting the security rather than by the devices not having any, so there’s no excuse for this shit.)

5 Likes

Sexting
The max and nora toys in particular are meant to be paired, so that what one partner does to their toy is reflected in the other partner’s toy…

2 Likes

Another one that doesn’t pass muster: the Orange DC Dong.

To enhance phone sex, one partner can control the other’s vibrator from the other side of the world. Sounds like if this is your kink, you’re better off just using your imaginations the old school way.

1 Like

Truth be told, I know some female performance artists who might come up with some ideas:

(Photo by Rafael Frazão. CC-BY-SA, source)
However, that’s kind of a limited use case. But you’re right, it might work for long-distance sex. Which is, alas, not really my thing.

3 Likes

it sounds like someone needs some positive Dong energy here

3 Likes

Internet of Dongs, eh? I’ve always thought of it as the Internet of Thingies

1 Like

they are very prevalent on sexy cam sites
you drop a nickle (or five dollars or whatever) and you can make the vibrator inside the model vibrate (or the model pretends it’s vibrating)
models can also give over full control to someone paying for a private show

1 Like

“Sorry, my butt-plug is ringing and I have to take this call.”

Be sure to set the ring tone to sound like a fart instead of a regular cell phone ring tone so you don’t get embarrassed if you get a call in a movie theater - I mean, it’s not like its easy to get to the switch to airplane mode…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.