The iSafe Drive is the first ever MFi-certified storage drive built specially for your iOS devices

[Read the post]

Making this gadget a road trip dream come true.

Sentences, shmentences.

“the same encryption used by the US federal government” … 100% chance NSA has backdoored that.

2 Likes

Hmm, an iPhone item that’s offered for sale on seemingly every blog site (including a number of tech blogs), but that does not appear to have even a single objective in-depth review anywhere (including the aforementioned tech blogs). Nothing sketchy about that, noooooooope.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be faster and easier to just connect a cable directly between phone and computer?

1 Like

You ever use an iPhone?

Now maybe on an Apple computer shit just works, but in the land of Windows you get to use an ill conceived piece of software called iTunes…

Honestly if this will really move music, pictures, and videos off of an iDevice to your PC and it’s as simple as copy paste I’d be amazed. The iPhone is less walled garden and more walled dome.

I use a 3rd party software to move stuff off my wife’s iPhone. On my Android phone I literally open a file explorer on the phone and copy and paste anything I want across the network to my desktop…

2 Likes

Half the drive for twice the cost! Thanks, Apple!

2 Likes

No, but I knew they didn’t care much for following industry standards the way Android does.

Er? What “industry standards” does “Android” (the operating system) follow that the iPhone doesn’t?

Simple file transfer for stuff other than just photos?

2 Likes

What industry standards are there in general?

I mean the iPhone acts like a camera device while Android just acts as a mass storage device…

I use my tiny portable computer that occasionally makes phone calls like a tiny portable computer, so it’s rooted and all that jazz…

Is that an industry standard for phones? What’s the name of that standard or its number?

1 Like

Of course, the worst thing you can possibly do for your phone’s security is root it. The only iPhones vulnerable to attacks, for example, are the rooted ones generally. Android is a lot more problematic in the security space, which is why I quit using it.

Well it is an extension of ISO 15740…

1 Like

USB and Bluetooth (specifically some of the most basic profiles like OBEX).

I dunno - SuperSU seems to be pretty good at only allowing the apps you actually want to have root, to have root.

3 Likes

" in the land of Windows you get to use an ill conceived piece of software called iTunes… "

I used to think that iTunes for Windows was written so as to punish people who opted to use Windows. It turns out that it’s steaming pile of doodoo in Macs too.

1 Like

No one has used this have they… I genuinely want to know how it transfers files into iOS. The only other such devices I’ve seen all include an app within iOS that allows you to dump files into it, but once there you can’t do an awful lot with them. The lack of a shared file system between apps is one of the few things I find constantly frustrating with my iPhone.
That said the last time I wanted to put a rip of a movie onto my wife’s android (Galaxy S6) it seems you can no longer just drag and drop? Something about a change to how the android file system and security works? Ended up needing to run an ftp server on the phone to receive files. Still easier than iTunes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You use iTunes to do it or you don’t do it at all.

1 Like

On windows, I use Mediamonkey to add music and video to my wife’s iPhone.