The Kids Are Alright

This rogue art was put up ages ago by students at the local art high school, but it belongs here:

(Image credit, someone one the Website Formerly Known as Twitter.)

12 Likes
11 Likes

We all know why this article caught my eye:

9 Likes

But there’s PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS profits to be made!!! /s

2 Likes
9 Likes

To see the world through a child’s eyes, and then to have the actual, blood-soaked machinery of history and politics unveiled is a shock. It prompts an urgent desire to do something in anyone with a conscience. Young people are able to see the evils of our systems with eyes that are unclouded by the harsh compromises that life imposes on all of us.

That shock is why we cannot allow the fascists to win with regard to ‘education’ and books. They don’t want teens and young adults to know, so they won’t fight to rectify any of the wrongs.

10 Likes

A kid being the only adult in the room:

9 Likes

“During the course of the two-day event, an overzealous volunteer mistakenly made the decision to have Quinn removed from the event, thinking he was a Democrat tracker,” Thompson wrote in a text message on Saturday, per The Times.

So, according to NPR, political tracking is “the practice of following candidates and constantly filming their public statements.” So…reporting? Journalism? WTF. Why does this need to be described by a different term. These speeches are being given in public places, often open to the public and the media. Can we not refer to this by a term that somehow implies something negative about it?

ETA: Also, the substitution of “Democrat” for “Democratic” is driving me nuts. It’s the Democratic Party, not the Democrat Party.

15 Likes

Maggoty repubs. I refuse to call their party by name either. Imo they lost all right to expect respect when they tried to overthrow the country and install a dictator on J6. They are the party of treason, sedition, and terrorism.

11 Likes

Straight from the MAGA/Qanon fever dream…

I Like It Love GIF by Bounce

11 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

at least desatis’ fascist reach has not shut the keys kids down!

10 Likes
10 Likes

Heartening to read a major initiative in the Lancet, with a large student leadership group, arguing that we need to teach the role of medicine in the holocaust and suggesting how to do it. We need our kids coming into medicine to know the terrible things their elders did in the past and how the profession has been weaponised by politics.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(23)01845-7/fulltext

You might need to register to read this and the student report in the issue.

13 Likes

Thank you!

9 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes