The KLF reemerge from the shadows, music back online

5 Likes

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/bare-ass_naked_the_klf_and_the_live_stage_production_of_robert_anton_wilson

1 Like

I love that a little stage miniature was made (shown at the end). I imagine it might just be bad CGI if it was made today.

2 Likes

“Disney vaulted” as we used to say in the record store.

4 Likes

Wow, those songs bring back memories. I loved The KLF back in the day. If I could buy the tracks on iTunes (or similar), I would do so right now (I don’t do music streaming, I just want the files).

3 Likes

The What Time is Love instramental was on the full Timelords EP. And I LOVED it.

That reminds me when I saw Blue Man Group many years ago, they ended with Last Train to Transcentral. And I got one of them to reply to me when I said, “Excellent choice of KLF at the end there.”

“You must have been cognoscente in the 80s.”

“I think it came out in 1991, but yes.”

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

kristin-wiig-laugh-cry|nullxnull

2 Likes

The KLF did, in their sampler.

1 Like

Ha, true
But they were always ahead of the field :wink:

1 Like

There is a theory, which I can’t find any more, that hugely successful Japanese producer Tetsuya Komuro read the KLF’s book The Manual (How to Have a Number One the Easy Way) and followed its formula for creating hit songs. The admittedly thin evidence for the theory includes the fact that he formed a group called TRF (short for Tetsuya Komuro Rave Factory). The R and L sounds are interchangeable in Japanese, so TRF could be interpreted as an allusion to the KLF.

2 Likes

Bill Drummond was inspired by Ken Campbell when he worked at the the Liverpool Science Fiction Theatre, making the props for Campbell’s stage version of “Illuminatus!” Using Campbell’s war cry/mantra of “BUT IS IT HEROIC?” Drummond founded The JAMS and created “What The Fuck Is Going On?” Only to be taken to court for sampling & being forced to delete/destroy all copies. As revenge they reformed as The KLF (Kallisti Liberation Front), made a fortune out of tunes full of refs to “Illuminatus!” then, at their height, deleted it all in vengeance for what happened to WTFIGO? Do you believe that? You should check out the vid of their live collaboration with Extreme Noise Terror at The Brit Awards (back in the days when you could machinegun blanks at your audience in the UK). Fnord.

1 Like

After this they dumped a dead sheep with a note on it on the steps of the after show party reading, “I died for you. Bon appetite.”

1 Like

I thought it said: “I died for ewe - Bon appetite” I might be wrong.

1 Like

ENT were quite upset about it being very political vegetarians.

1 Like

黎瑞恩 - 別偷去我的夢
Vivian Lai - Bie Tou Qu Wo De Meng (Don’t steal my dream) (1992) (cover of Justified & Ancient (Stand By The Jams))

At Work - グリム・アップ・ノース (北が大変)(Kita Ga Taihen) featuring RAMIPAS Parts 1 and 2

1 Like

Have you got another link for the Vivian Lai song? I don’t have a Spotify account, and the YouTube Music link jumps to the next song in the playlist.

Found a working youtube link added it.