The KLF reemerge from the shadows, music back online

Has a highres version of this:

What is TRO and why did they give The KLF 1.1million £?

I think they are just transfers from a treasury reserve financial account. (IANAA - I am not an accountant)

1 Like

Not available in the UK, but thanks for trying.

1 Like
1 Like

I want a copy of their book, The Manual.

Or
https://www.tomrobinson.com/resource/klf.txt
Or

4 Likes

We are afraid you can’t just go down to the local supermarket and listen to the check-out girls’ talk and hope you can pick up the right line before Waterman gets to it.

Tetsuya Komuro reputedly did pretty much that, not at a supermarket but at Velfarre, the nightclub owned by Avex (the label he was working for). He would go around the club asking female clubbers for trendy English phrases that would work as song titles.

1 Like

On the one hand, I’m glad that kids etc. will be able to hear the KLF on some of these streaming platforms and that the KLF have control over an official presence, but tons of KLF/Jamms/etc stuff, both released and bootleg/not officially released, has always been available via several great forums, mailing lists, FTP and websites, and rigid copyright control has of course never been part of the KLF modus operandi, generally the contrary. I would have expected and hope that they would have instead, or also, set up their own site to sell downloads and physical media.

Anyway, one of my favorites (other than Chill Out and the unreleased ambient White Room movie soundtrack) is 1997’s Fuck the Millennium (released as “2K”, 10 years after the 1987 album), and the “Acid Brass” version of What Time Is Love (ie the backing track to fuck the millennium). (And also Extreme Noise Terror performing thrash 3AM Eternal version)

***K the Millennium:

Acid Brass What Time Is Love:

1997-2001 were probably my years of peak KLF fandom. The above and lots of other KLF music of course featured heavily in me and my friends many ways of marking the 1999/2000 New Years season.

2 Likes

That’s what a VPN is for.

Exception to that rule:

2 Likes

Hope we get Rites of Mu and Waiting (samples might be a problem)

Or Disco 2000

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.