The Lincoln Library executive director got fired for renting Glenn Beck the original Gettysburg Address

Everyone has a price.

If I ever meet this man, Beck or this asshole pimping my nation’s history, I am flattening them for this.

This crossed every line I have. Its the fucking Gettysburg Address. How the %&*! is this even made possible?

IS NO ONE LEFT IN AMERICA WITH BASIC DECENCY?
Is the truth of history itself for sale to some people?

This is actual national American history, being bought on loan for private historical smearing by lying fascist bootlickers. This is a historical document meant for neutral American public museums meant to be kept under fucking armed guards.

This makes me want to vomit. And so much more.

3 Likes

I thought there wasn’t an original and that he wrote out some copies later and that there was some dispute about whether god bothering was actually said on the day…

But then I had to look up what was the Gettysburg Address as an adult so I’m not reliable.

3 Likes

Plenty of Left in America has basic decency.

2 Likes

They probably got the film speed correct. This wasn’t standardized til later and so the film looks very odd when not using a variable speed projector. Got to see it at The Alamo shown correctly AND with a live, new score played by Brown Whornet. Loudest silent film ever :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“The suspense is killing me!”

Why? Are the words different on the original? Is Lincoln’s handwriting extraordinarily beautiful? Does the slip of paper contain magic powers to cure bunions and foot fungus?

3 Likes

3 Likes

I want to know how much that CuntNugget paid to grease up a historical doc

3 Likes

Since the museum recently ordered a large bottle of Wite-Out and a dozen quill pens from Amazon, that would be prudent.

1 Like

At least Trump didn’t get his hands on it. Uncrumpling it and removing the Sharpie would be a chore.

3 Likes

It’s a piece of history. I’m sure he wanted to be one degree of separation from Abe Lincoln. Although, I think there are better ways of getting him one degree away from Abe Lincoln. All he needs are some theater tickets and a lax bodyguard.

3 Likes

I wonder if they confused it for the Declaration of Independence and then only fixed it in the headline.

1 Like

28d5r2

1 Like

Can I rent the Declaration of Independence?

That would have really shortened National Treasure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.