The Low Darts are back with a new cover: "The Weight" by The Band

Originally published at: The Low Darts are back with a new cover: "The Weight" by The Band | Boing Boing

3 Likes

yep, thanks for that refreshing little spring breeze to blow away some of the stink. i like these kids.

3 Likes

That is just lovely!

1 Like

Eh. Feels like the song is missing some, uh… weight, when it’s performed by a bunch of pretty teenagers.

1 Like

Noted: 1) Kids playing musical instruments together used to be a standard thing that fell away roughly contemporaneously with the advent of the Walkman. Glad to see these kids bucking the trend and playing their respective instruments well.; 2) That’s a really note-for-note cover - only a few of the vocals strayed at all from The Band’s original version. While done really well, I had been hoping for a novel spin on the old standard here; 3) Those are some very expensive professional-quality instruments for teenagers to be playing around on - their coastwise Connecticut is showing.

One of my favourite songs by The Band. I particularly like the chorus - about shifting your own responsibility to someone else - in the words of the shiftee.

Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny
And (and) (and) you put the load right on me

You take the load of your ass and you put it on mine.

1 Like

Hmm … I always understood it as invitation to “shift the load” ?!

1 Like

…Off your fanny and put it on mine.

1 Like

Oh! You meant just the same :smiley: Sorry!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.